Nov. 17, 2004
- Bowl game ticket information coming
- Crunch Time for the Hawkeyes
- Watch Kirk live next Tuesday!
- Purchase your Hawkeye game tickets online
- Save! Win! Cheer! Learn more about “The Patch”
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
The sports reporters who cover the Iowa football team were a little early this year. Usually they wait until November to start writing stories about Kirk Ferentz moving on to another job. This year the story broke in October.
Here’s the way it works. A coach at another school (or NFL team) gets fired or moves to another job. The news media in that area — protecting their own rear ends — start throwing names around as to who the new coach might be. Sometimes the list of possible replacements includes Ferentz.
Click HERE for the rest of this week’s installment of “Wine Online” and an archive of previous editions.