Dec. 6, 2004
- Iowa and LSU: Side-by-side in final BCS list
- UI, Ferentz ink contract extension
- Big Ten Championship merchandise
- Bowl game ticket information
- Listen to the bowl game online!
- Watch Kirk next Tuesday live!
- Purchase your Hawkeye tickets online
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
Take two teams who are hot, mix it with two groups of fans who love their team and a great destination, and what do you have? A sellout of the 2005 Capital One Bowl.
Collectively Iowa (9-2) and LSU (9-2) have won 13 consecutive games and are currently considered two of the hottest college football teams in the nation. Florida Citrus Sports (FCS) announced today that the great match-up between the two schools has translated into one of the earliest sellouts on record for the Capital One Bowl.
Today’s announcement marks the earliest sellout in Capital One Bowl history.
The game, featuring Iowa of the Big Ten and LSU representing the SEC, will be played Saturday, Jan. 1 at 1 p.m., in the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium. The 59th annual game will be televised on ABC-TV.
There are 65,438 permanent seats available in the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium, FCS plans on adding additional seating in the stadium’s North end zone, but all of those seats have been sold as well.