March 11, 2005
- From the Big Ten: Iowa-Purdue Notes
- From the Big Ten: Iowa-Purdue Quotes
- From the Big Ten: A Look at Horner
- From the Big Ten: Press conference video
- 2005 Big Ten Tournament information
- Listen to Iowa’s games online!
- Watch Steve’s weekly visit with the media live!
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
Steve Alford talked after yesterday’s victory over Purdue about this “One-and-Done” time of year known as March Madness.
Alford’s Hawkeyes have caught the attention of college basketball fans across the country over the past two weeks, cranking our four straight victories to reach the 20-win plateau for the second time under Iowa’s sixth-year head coach.
While still far away from a shoe-in, the Hawkeyes are, without a doubt, a part of the Madness and are beginning to muscle their way onto the brackets of college basketball “experts” including the chart being maintained by CBS Sportsline’s Gregg Doyel, who draws a parallel between the Hawkeyes and NCAA Tournament-bound Stanford.
Click HERE to read the full story. And, for the record, Iowa’s Madness continues at 5:40 p.m. Iowa time with a date against No. 2 seed Michigan State in Chicago’s United Center.