March 13, 2006
- Iowa Wins Big Ten Tournament
- Watch the Big Ten Championship Celebration
- Big Ten Championship Caps, T-shirts
- First/Second Round NCAA Ticket Information
- Watch the Post-Game Seniors Day Celebration
- Watch and Listen to Steve, the Hawkeyes
- 2006 Iowa Basketball On-campus Camps
The University of Iowa’s men’s basketball team will celebrate St. Patrick’s Day this Friday by opening play in the 2006 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Tournament with an 11:25 a.m. Iowa time tip with Northwestern State. Iowa is the No. 3 seed in the Atlanta Region of this year’s post-season party.
The game will be the first of two to be staged in the afternoon session in The Palace of Auburn Hills in Auburn Hills, Mich. Southern Illinois and West Virginia will square off 30 minutes following the conclusion of Iowa’s tournament opener.
Kent State will play Pittsburgh and Bradley will square off against Kansas in the evening session.
Click HERE to review the tournament bracket.
Should Steve Alford’s squad win on Friday, the Hawkeyes will play the winner of the SIU-West Virginia game at 11:10 a.m. Iowa time on Sunday. The winner of that game will advance to Atlanta’s Georgia Dome where it will continue play as a member of the Sweet 16 on Thursday, Mar. 23.