March 23, 2007
Basic Function and Responsibility
The primary responsibility of this position is to take care of the day-to-day computer problems and supervise student help desk employees.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform routine installation, maintenance, and support of hardware and software on desktop computers
- Troubleshoot non-routine computer problems
- Perform routine IT website content updates
- Perform routine Spam Filtering Server updates
- Train users in the use of common software programs
- Help IT Director implement IT projects
- Provide and organize game day support for statistics & scoreboard machines
- Provide on-call support during the non-business hours of the week
Direction is received from the Athletics Information Technology Director.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Knowledge of Windows XP machines and application configuration
- Website design experience using Dreamweaver, FrontPage, and/or SharePoint Designer
- Knowledge of MS Office 2003 and 2007
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Skilled in providing excellent customer service
- Good interpersonal, verbal and written skills, systematic, forward-thinking, and self-motivated.
- At least one year of IT Support Services experience.
Knowledge of Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows Vista machines and application configuration Microsoft Certified Professional, A+ Technician, Network+ Technician 3+ years of IT Support Services experience.
Salary: Minimum of $30,908 to commensurate
Start Date: Approximately June 1, 2007
Application: To apply for this position, visit our website at http://jobs.uiowa.edu and search for Requisition #53810. Screening will start immediately and continue until the position is filled.