March 15, 2008
- Big Ten Network: Programming Schedule
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
COLUMBUS, OH – Sophomores Frank VanDijkhuizen, Michael Gilligan, and Deidre Freeman were in Columbus, OH today for the second day of the NCAA Diving Zone C Qualifying meet. The men jumped off the one-meter board; the women competed on the three-meter board.
Van Dijkhuizen qualified ninth for the finals with a score of 298.25 in the prelims and took 16th place with a score 256.25 in the finals for a total of 554.50. Gilligan’s score of 261.55 in the prelims did not qualify for the finals.
Freeman scored 256.25 and qualified 13th in the prelims and finished in 16th place with a finals mark of 228.35 for a total of 484.60.
Tomorrow, competition will feature both the men and women on the platform.
MEN’S MEET RESULTS (Winner Plus Iowa)
One-Meter Diving (Finals)
1. Taylor Roberts (Ind) 335.35
16. Frank Van Dijkhuizen (IOWA) 256.25
WOMEN’S MEET RESULTS (Winner Plus Iowa)
Three-Meter Diving (Finals)
1. Ashley Kames (Purdue) 364.55
16. Deidre Freeman (IOWA) 228.35
Three-Meter Diving (Prelims)
13. Deidre Freeman (IOWA) 256.25
Click HERE for the Big Ten Network home page.