July 30, 2009
- 2009 Football Media Fact Book
- 2009 Football Media Guide
- 2008 Highlight Video
- 2009 Spring Camp Central
- New and renewal season ticket customers: Purchase yours online!
- Outback Bowl Central
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Iowa Football wallpaper
IOWA CITY, Iowa – Fans of the nationally ranked University of Iowa football team are once again being encouraged to be colorful in their support of the Hawkeyes.
The annual “Be Bold, Wear Gold” game has been set for Saturday, Sept. 5, when Iowa opens the 2009 season against Northern Iowa in a game that is scheduled to kick off shortly after 11 a.m. Iowa time and will be televised live by the Big Ten Network.
That game will be the final event of the first FRYfest celebration and, appropriately, the official t-shirt for this year’s Gold game features an image of Hayden Fry, Iowa’s Hall of Fame head coach. For more information about FRYfest including a link to purchase tickets to the concert featuring Jake Owen, The Outlaws and The Charlie Daniels Band, click HERE.
Iowa’s date with Pac-10 powerhouse Arizona coached by former Hawkeye Mike Stoops has been designated this year’s “Blackout Saturday.” That game is scheduled for Sept. 19 at 2:30 p.m.
To purchase the official “Be Bold, Wear Gold” and “Blackout Saturday” t-shirts for 2009, click HERE, or call Bravo Sports Marketing at (319) 626-8286.
The official “Be Bold, Wear Gold” t-shirt is also available at the following retail locations:
- The Iowa Hawk Shop
- Black and Gold Shop, Quad Cities
- Gameday Iowa, Coralville
- HyVee Food Stores in Iowa City and Coralville
- HyVee Drug Stores – select Cedar Rapids locations
- IowApparel, Coralville
- Iowa Book & Supply, Iowa City
- Paul’s Discount, Iowa City
- Scheels in Coralville, Sioux City, Waterloo, and West Des Moines
- UI Hospitals and Clinics Gift Shop, Iowa City