Feb. 3, 2011
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPhone app!
- Iowa and the Big Ten Network
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa – – Tickets are still available for the Iowa Baseball Steak Fry. The event is scheduled for Feb. 7 and will take place at the Bella Sala Event Center in Tiffin.
“We changed the format from the Lead-off Dinner to the Steak Fry last year and it was a huge hit with families,” said Iowa Head Coach Jack Dahm. “The event is more kid-friendly where kids can interact with the players more and get autographs and photos.”
Tickets purchased in advance are $30 for adults and FREE for children in eighth grade or younger. A table of 10 people can be purchased for $250. Seating is limited. Tickets purchased at the door will be $35 for adults and $5 for children.
Adults will be enjoying steaks, while kids in attendance will be served hot dogs.
The event begins at 5 p.m. with dinner, silent auctions and student-athlete photos and autographs. At 6:30 p.m. the program will begin with comments from Dahm, introduction of the 2011 Iowa Hawkeyes and a live auction for sports memorabilia.
“This event is a fun evening for the entire family,” added Dahm. “Our players truly enjoy interacting with our young baseball fans in the community. We are excited for the Steak Fry and for our season to get under way.”
Fans interested in attending are encouraged to register for the Steak Fry by downloading the registration form off hawkeyesports.com or by contacting Iowa baseball secretary Joyce Rossie at (319) 335-9743.
Photos of some of the auction items can be seen in the above photo gallery. Below are some other items that will be available for bid. More items will be included as the event approaches.
- Autographed Ernie Banks jersey
- Autographed baseballs and bats from current and Hall of Fame baseball players
- Suite at Modern Woodmen Park for Iowa vs. Western Illinois baseball game (April 20)
- Black Iowa baseball jerseys
- Cardinals vs. Cubs game tickets and hotel in St. Louis
- Autographed photos of various professional athletes