The Hawkeyes (12-12) open Big Ten play against No. 19 Michigan with a pair of games on Friday beginning at 2 p.m. (CT) at Pearl Field. Game two on Friday is scheduled to begin at 5 p.m. and will be aired live on BTN. Game three of the series is Sunday at 11:30 a.m.
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 84 in 71.2 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.27 ERA and 84 strikeouts in 71.2 innings pitched.
- The Ankeny, Iowa native is fourth in the Big Ten with a 1.27 ERA and fifth in strikeouts (84).
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12.
- The final 10 outs of the game against Georgetown on March 11 came from her hand.
- This was the first pitcher of the week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week.
- Doocy led the Hawkeyes to victory against No. 13 Arizona State on March 14.
- The sophomore had eight strikeouts and allowed six hits and just one walk in 7.0 innings against the Sun Devils.
KILLIN’ IT KILIAN
- Kilian leads Iowa with a .365 batting average, a .635 slugging percentage, and a .481 on-base percentage. She has a career-high five stolen bases and a team-high four runs.
- The Fort Dodge, Iowa native recorded Iowa’s first home run in Pearl Field for the 2018 season against South Dakota State on March 21. It was her fourth homer of the season, and the ninth of her career.
- Junior Mallory Kilian blasted a solo home run on the first pitch at the Grand Canyon Invitational. The Hawkeyes went on to defeat Georgetown, 5-0.
- Kilian also recorded a personal-best two stolen bases against the Hoyas. These were the first two stolen bases of her career.
- Freshman Aralee Bogar has 19 hits, 15 runs, 12 stolen bases, and a .250 batting average during her time in black and gold.
- She also has a .329 slugging percentage and a .296 on-base percentage.
- Bogar is in the top five in the Big Ten with 12 stolen bases. She is currently a perfect 12-for-12 in stolen bases. She is the only athlete in the top five with a perfect stolen base percentage.
SCHNEIDER GOES YARD
- Sophomore McKenzie Schneider hit her first home run of the season at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4.
- The Southlake, Texas, native sent a two-run shot deep over the right-center field wall in Iowa’s 3-1 win over then-No. 8 Baylor.
- The homer was the second of her career.
- Schneider hit her second home run of the season — and the first grand slam of her career — to lift Iowa to victory over Creighton on March 17.
- After defeating then-No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned both wins for the Hawkeyes.
- Doocy recorded eight strikeouts in each game.
- Two of Doocy’s eight strikeouts were against Baylor’s Carlee Wallace, who had only struck out twice in 30 at-bats before Sunday’s matchup.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated two ranked opponents in a season since 2015 when Iowa topped No. 17 UCF (3-2), No. 4 Michigan (6-4), and No. 12 Minnesota (2-0).
- Three Hawkeyes have thrown complete games: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, and junior Erin Riding.
- Doocy leads the team with eight complete games, including a 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State on March 14.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. This was also Shaw’s first career shutout.
WOOD AT THE DISH
- Senior Allie Wood led the Hawkeyes at the plate against the 13th-ranked Sun Devils on March 14. She had two hits with a double for a .400 batting average.
- She also led Iowa with a .600 slugging percentage and tied a team-high .400 on-base percentage.
- Wood hit a double and scored one run in Iowa’s 3-1 victory over No. 13 Arizona State.
- The Cypress, Calif. native gave Iowa the advantage in its win over Wichita State, hitting her first career RBI triple to put the team up 1-0.
No. 19 MICHIGAN
- The 19th-ranked Wolverines are 23-6 overall. The last time they lost was on Feb. 24 when they fell 1-0 to Virginia Tech at the Texas Invitational.
- Faith Canfield leads Michigan with a .402 batting average. She has 41 hits with six doubles and six home runs for a .637 slugging percentage.
- In the circle, Meghan Beaubein owns a 0.90 ERA and a 15-2 record. She has thrown 119 strikeouts in 101.0 innings pitched.
General Admission (Public) – $15
General Admission (Fac/Staff) – $12
Season tickets are available at hawkeyesports.com/tickets, by calling 1-800-IA-HAWKS, or at the UI Athletics Ticket Office at the north entrance of Carver-Hawkeye Arena.
The Hawkeyes continue their home stretch on March 27 with a doubleheader against UW Green Bay. First pitch is slated for 2 p.m. (CT) with game two following approximately 30 minutes following the conclusion of game one.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and @iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram. Iowa’s Friday night game against No. 19 Michigan will be aired live on BTN at 5 p.m. (CT).
Live Stats / Live Streaming
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.