The 12th-seeded University of Iowa softball team is set to face No. 5 Ohio State on Thursday at 7 p.m. (CT) at the Goodman Diamond in the 2018 Big Ten Tournament in Madison, Wisconsin. The winner will face fourth-seeded Northwestern in the quarterfinals on Friday at 7 p.m.
The single-elimination tournament begins Thursday at 11 a.m. (CT). All games of the 2018 Big Ten Tournament will be carried live on Big Ten Network and will be available live via BTN2Go to fans with a BTN subscription through their cable provider. A direct link is on the softball schedule page on hawkeyesports.com.
- Doocy strikeout tracker: 186 in 183.2 innings pitched.
- Doocy leads Iowa with a 1.83 ERA and 186 strikeouts in 183.2 innings of action.
- The Ankeny, Iowa, native is fourth in the Big Ten with a 1.83 ERA and 186 strikeouts.
- She went 2-0 in the circle with a 1.50 ERA and two complete games, helping the Hawkeyes sweep their weekend series against Wisconsin (April 7-8).
- After pitching a shutout game against Wisconsin, throwing 18 strikeouts in a combined 14 innings, and aiding the Hawkeyes in their sweep of the Badgers, Doocy was named Big Ten Pitcher of the Week (April 9). It was the second time she received the honor this season.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on April 9.
- Doocy led Iowa to a 4-3 win over 17th-ranked Michigan on March 23, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After a career-high 15 strikeouts and a 2-0 weekend, Doocy was named co-Big Ten Pitcher of the Week on March 12. This was the first Pitcher of the Week award for Doocy and the first time a Hawkeye has earned the honor since Kayla Massey on March 31, 2014.
- Doocy was also selected as the College Sports Madness Big Ten Player of the Week on March 12.
- Freshman Aralee Bogar has 44 hits, 26 runs, 23 stolen bases, and a .273 batting average during her first season in the Black and Gold.
- Bogar leads Iowa with 44 hits, 26 runs, four triples, and 23 stolen bases.
- She is fourth in the Big Ten with 23 stolen bases. Bogar is currently a perfect 23-for-23 in stolen base attempts. She is the only student-athlete in the top five with a perfect stolen base percentage.
2018 B1G TOURNEY
- Wisconsin hosts the 2018 Big Ten Softball tournament on May 10-13 at the Goodman Softball Complex in Madison, Wisconsin.
- The 2018 tournament will be single-elimination.
- During Iowa’s last appearance in 2017, the Hawkeyes were defeated, 3-0, in the first round by the Badgers
- Big Ten Tournament tickets are on sale through the Wisconsin Ticket Office.
- Spectators must purchase a ticket for each day of play. A ticket purchased for one of the three days will be good for all of the games played on that day. All guests must have a ticket to enter.
B1G TOURNEY HISTORY
This is the 21st Big Ten Tournament appearance for the Hawkeyes, tying Michigan for the conference lead. The Hawkeyes have 23 Big Ten Tournament wins, which is the third most in the Big Ten Tournament history (Michigan has 39, Northwestern has 24).
Iowa has won two Big Ten Tournament championships in program history:
2001 – The Hawkeyes won their first Big Ten Tournament championship in 2001 in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Iowa opened the tournament with an 8-0, six-inning victory over Wisconsin. After dropping a 6-1 decision to Michigan, Iowa clinched the title with a 7-1 win over Illinois and a 2-1 win over Michigan.
2003 – Two years later Iowa hosted the tournament. The Hawkeyes defeated Illinois (3-2) and then topped Northwestern twice (2-1, 2-0) to earn their second conference title in three years.
WOOD AT THE DISH
- Senior Allie Wood leads the Hawkeyes with a .306 batting average, eight doubles, two triples, five home runs, and 21 RBIs.
- Wood hit her fifth home run of the season in Iowa’s series finale against Northwestern on April 29.
- She led the Hawkeyes at the plate against the 13th-ranked Sun Devils on March 14. Wood had two hits with a double for a .400 batting average.
- The Buckeyes are 34-13 this season and 14-8 in conference action.
- Lilli Piper leads Ohio State with a .409 batting average, 48 runs on 61 hits, 14 doubles, one triple, 19 homers, and 56 RBI.
- In the circle, Morgan Ray owns a 2.30 ERA with 139 strikeouts in 149.1 innings pitched.
TOP 25 VICTORIES
- The Hawkeyes picked up their third win over a ranked opponent on March 23 when they defeated No. 17 Michigan, 4-3, ending the Wolverines 18-game win streak.
- After defeating No. 8 Baylor, 3-1, in their final game at the Judi Garman Classic on March 4, the Hawkeyes topped No. 13 Arizona State in Tempe, Arizona, on March 14.
- Sophomore pitcher Allison Doocy earned all three wins for the Hawkeyes.
- This is the first time Iowa has defeated three ranked opponents in a season since 2015 when Iowa topped No. 17 UCF (3-2), No. 4 Michigan (6-4) and No. 12 Minnesota (2-0) at the Big Ten Tournament.
- Four Hawkeyes have thrown complete games this season: freshman Lauren Shaw, sophomore Allison Doocy, junior Erin Riding, and senior Kenzie Ihle.
- Doocy leads the team with 18 complete games, including five conference victories.
- Riding threw a five-inning run rule performance on Feb. 17 against Butler at the Texas A&M Invitational. She gave up two hits and no walks in the 8-0 win.
- Shaw pitched a 5-0 victory over Georgetown on March 10 at the Grand Canyon Invitational. She had a career-high six strikeouts and allowed just four hits in 7.0 innings pitched. It was Shaw’s first career shutout.
- Senior pitcher Kenzie Ihle threw her first complete game in Iowa’s run-rule win over UW Green Bay on March 27. Ihle threw a career-high eight strikeouts in the six inning, 9-1 victory.
FOLLOW THE HAWKEYES
For all of the latest news and information on Iowa softball, visit hawkeyesports.com. Fans can also follow the program on its social media outlets at Facebook.com/iowahawkeyessoftball and @iowasoftball on Twitter and Instagram.
Live stats and live streaming links for each game are on the softball schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.