|Date:||May 24, 2018|
|Location:||Omaha, Neb. | TD Ameritrade Park|
|Radio/Streaming:||Hawkeye Radio Network | Hawkeye All-Access ($)|
|Television/Video Streaming:||(BTN/BTN2Go) Link|
|Game 2 | May 24 | 9 a.m. (CT)|
|Pitching Matchup:||Iowa: RHP Cole McDonald (3-1, 3.33 ERA)|
|OSU: RHP Ryan Feltner (4-5, 4.97 ERA)|
The sixth-seeded University of Iowa baseball team faces seventh-seeded Ohio State on Thursday at 9 a.m. (CT) in a Big Ten Tournament elimination game at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska.
• The game will be televised live on BTN with Brandon Gaudin and Danan Hughes on the call.
• All Iowa games will also be available via the Hawkeye Radio Network with Zach Mackey and Steve Duncan on the call. The games can be heard on Hawkeye All-Access and on select stations across the state or by searching Iowa Hawkeyes on the Tune In Radio app.
IOWA-OHIO STATE SERIES
• Iowa took two of three games from Ohio State from April 7-8 at Duane Banks Field. The two teams split a doubleheader before the Hawkeyes won the series finale just prior to a snow storm hitting Iowa City.
• Junior Cole McDonald started game three against the Buckeyes, but wasn’t involved in the decision in a 2-1 Iowa win. He tossed six innings, allowing one run and fanning a career-high eight.
• Ohio State starter Ryan Feltner was roughed up in game two — a 9-5 Hawkeye victory — as Iowa scored seven first-inning runs (two earned) against the right-hander. He allowed seven runs on six hits over four innings and fanned five.
• Iowa hit only .223 against the Buckeyes in the three-game series. Tyler Cropley had a team-best .364 average (4-of-11), while Lorenzo Elion had three RBIs. Grant Judkins had the game-winning RBI double in the snow against Ohio State reliever Seth Kinker in the series finale to give Iowa the series victory.
IOWA STARTER COLE MCDONALD…
• is making his second start since missing consecutive starts with arm tightness. He pitched four shutout innings, allowing one hit and fanning seven in a 65-pitch outing last week against Penn State.
• has four quality starts this season — second-most on the team.
IN SEARCH OF OFFENSE
Iowa’s offense was limited to one unearned run on one hit in Wednesday’s Big Ten Tournament opener against Michigan. It was the first time since 2006 the Hawkeyes have been one-hit, which came in a 15-1 loss to Ohio State.