The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Dallas, Texas, to play in the Bruzzy Challenge on April 1-2 hosted by the University of North Texas.
- Monday, April 1 — First and Second Round — 8:30 a.m. (CT) shotgun start
- Tuesday, April 2 — Final Round — 8:30 a.m. (CT) shotgun start
- Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on GolfStat.com.
- Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 15 teams (Golfstat Relative Rankings): Baylor, BYU, Houston, Kansas State, Maryland, Miami (20), Missouri, Ole Miss, North Texas, SMU, TCU (19), Texas (2), Texas A&M and Texas Tech.
Senior Kristin Glesne, freshman Manuela Lizarazu, senior Shawn Rennegarbe, and sophomores Brett Permann and Stephanie Herzog will compete for the Hawkeyes.
- The Lantana Golf Club was designed by the world renowned team of Jay and Carter Morrish.
- It features a wooded terrain along rolling hills inspired by the Texas Hill Country.
LAST TIME OUT
- Senior Kristin Glesne tied for 26th after recording a three-round score of 226 (+10) at the Hawkeye-El Tigre Invite on March 21-23.
- Glesne carded six birdies en-route to a personal-best, 18-hole score of 68 (-4) in the third round.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu and sophomore Brett Permann tied for 33rd after posting 54-hole scores of 228 (+12).
- Sophomore Annalee Dannegger registered a personal-best, 18-hole score of 76 (+4) during the final round.
LIZARAZU LEADS IOWA
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu led Iowa at the Wildcat Invitational on March 11-12. Lizarazu finished with a 54-hole score of 227 (+11), tying for 22nd.
- Lizarazu jumped up 18 spots on the leaderboard during the final round at the Wildcat Invitational. She carded three birdies on the front nine in the third round, finishing one-over-par.
- Lizarazu led the Hawkeyes at the Westbrook Spring Invitational on Feb. 24-25 in Peoria, Arizona. Lizarazu notched a season-best, three-round score of 218 (+2), tying for 35th. She finished the third round one-under -par with four birdies.
TEAM FALL RECAP
- The Hawkeyes won the team title at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 30, carding a 54-hole score of 898 (+34).
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week after placing first at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30. Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole total of 221 (+5; 79, 73, 69) to claim medalist honors for the first time in her career.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu registered a career-high finish (3rd) after shooting one-under-par in the first round at the Diane Thomason Invitational. She carded a three-round total of 223 (+7).
- Senior Kristin Glesne placed fourth – a career-best — registering a three-round score of 226 (+10).
- Manuela Lizarazu lead the Hawkeyes at the Battle at the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Nov. 2-4, tying for 19th with a 54-hole score of 219 (+6).
- Lizarazu finished the first round with a season-best, 18-hole score of 70 (-1) in the first round. She registered four birdies on the front-nine en-route to a three-over-par third finish.
- Sophomore Sophie Liu carded a season-best 72 in the third round to climb up 10 spots from the second round. She tied for 69th. Liu also recorded a new career-low, 54-hole score of 231 (+18).
RENNEGARBE’S STRONG FALL
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe claimed co-medalist honors at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30 with a 54-hole score of 221 (+5), shooting a 69 (-3) in the final round. Rennegarbe earned Big Ten Golfer of the Week for her play in the Diane Thomason Invitational.
- The senior registered career bests for 18-holes (69, -3) and 54-holes 221 (+5), earning a career best finish with co-medalist honors.
- The Addieville, Illinois, native earned the top individual finish in two of the team’s five fall events. She tied for first at the Diane Thomason Invitational and tied for 24th at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational.
- Rennegarbe led the Hawkeyes with a 75.8 stroke average and a low-round of 69 (-3). She notched one top-10 and one top-20 finish.
TWO NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
- Two members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Shawn Rennegarbe and Kristin Glesne– were named 2018-19 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- Rennegarbe competed in all 10 competitions last season including a career-best finish at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational, tying for 20th, with-round total of 225 (+9).
- Glesne competed in nine tournaments last season. She tied for 46th at the Big Ten Championships (April 20-22) with a three-round total of 227 (+11).
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Brett Permann, Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu to the 2018-2019 squad. Permann transferred from the University of Central Arkansas; Lerner is from Caesarea, Israel; Lizarazu is from Bogota, Colombia.
ON THE HORIZON
Iowa travels to Athens, Georgia, to participate in the Liz Murphy Collegiate Classic on April 11-13.
Fans can follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the latest Hawkeye news.