The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to St. George, Utah, on March 9-10 to compete in the Entrada Classic.
- Monday, March 9 — 36-hole shotgun start — 7:30 a.m. (CT)
- Tuesday, March 10 — Final round — 7:30 a.m. (CT).
Live scoring is available for the Entrada Classic on golftstat.com.
The live scoring link is available on the women’s golf schedule on hawkeyesports.com.
- The field will consist of Baylor, Boise State, Idaho, Iowa, North Texas, Northern Illinois, Portland State, Princeton, Santa Clara, Southern Utah, Utah Valley, and Wyoming.
- The Hawkeyes’ starting lineup includes freshmen Lea Zeitler, Jacquelyn Galloway, and Morgan Goldstein and sophomores Manuela Lizarazu and Dana Lerner.
- The Entrada at Snow Canyon Country Club maintains quality cool-season turf throughout the entire year. The fairways are comprised primarily of perennial ryegrass. The roughs are a mix of perennial ryegrass and Kentucky bluegrass. The greens are creeping bentgrass and actively grow most of the year.
2X BIG TEN GOLFER OF THE WEEK
- Freshman Lea Zeitler earned her second Big Ten Golfer of the Week award on Feb. 19 for her performance at the All State Sugar Bowl.
- Zeitler fired rounds of 72, 72, and 71 for a total of 215 (-4), highlighted by 13 birdies for the second highest total among the 84 participants.
- Recorded 46 of 54 holes at or below par on the weekend to finish more than three strokes below the course average of 75.22.
- Zeitler was last named Big Ten Golfer of the Week on Nov. 6, for her performance during the Battle at the Beach.
- Zeitler fired her season-best 18-hole score of 68 during the third round of the Battle at the Beach in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, on Nov. 1-3.
- She tied for 16th and recorded a three-round total of 218 (+2). Carding 10 birdies and 44 holes at-or-below par.
- Morgan Goldstein stood out at the Westbrook Invite (Feb. 23), earning a career-best single-round score of 72 (E), which she scored twice. Goldstein also earned a career-best 54-hole score of 218 (+2).
- Freshman Lea Zeitler carded her 54-hole best (215, -4) at the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
- Zeitler shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Battle at the Beach.
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Magnolia Invitational (Oct. 13). She is the third freshman to do so, Manuela Lizarazu was the first last season at the Bruzzy Challenge.
2020 AT A GLANCE
- The Hawkeys finished 15th at the Westbrook Invite (Feb. 23-24) with a score of 876 (+12).
- Morgan Goldstein stood out at the Westbrook Invite, earning a career-best single-round score of 72 (E), which she scored twice. Goldstein also earned a career-best 54-hole score of 218 (+2).
- The Hawkeyes finished 13th at the Allstate Sugar Bowl (Feb. 16-18) with a score of 915 (+39).
- Zeitler led the Hawkeyes and tied for eighth overall with a final score of 215 (-4).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway jumped five spots on the leader board to tie for 58th place with a three-round total of 230 (+11).
- Freshman Morgan Goldstein and senior Sarah Overton both tied for 74th place with a 54-hole score of 236 (+17).
- Junior Brett Permann tallied a total score of 238 (+19), tying for 79th.
LOOKING BACK — FALL 2019
- The Hawkeyes tied for 12th at the Battle at the Beach (Nov. 1-3).
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished the tournament tied for 16th with a total score of 218 (+2). Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway carded a 54-hole total of 219 (+3) tying for 21st.
- The Hawkeyes placed ninth at the Magnolia Invitational (Oct. 13-15). Iowa had a three-round score of 908 (+44).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway finished eighth overall and shot a total score of 217 (+1).
- Iowa competed in the East West Match Play Challenge on Sept. 22-24. The Hawkeyes finished sixth in stroke play and lost in match play to Indiana, 4-1.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished fifth in stroke play and won her match-up, 5-3.
- The Hawkeyes competed at the Branch Law Firm Invitational (Sept. 9-10), placing 13th with a score of 902 (+38).
- Lizarazu tied for 58th – best finish on the team – with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- The Hawkeyes won the UNI Dual (Sept. 2) with a score of 6.5 – 1.5.
- Galloway (4-3), Lizarazu (2-1), Overton (6-5), Goldstein (3-2), Gentzkow (6-5) and Dannegger (5-4) won their matches and Dana Lerner tied.
The Hawkeyes travel Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, where they will host the Hawkeye-El Tigre Invitational March 19-21.