IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa men’s golf program and head coach Tyler Stith announced on Wednesday that prep Felipe Pedraza has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend to the University of Iowa.
“Felipe is a powerful player with a great attitude and work ethic,” Stith said. “He possesses the talent to be an elite college golfer. We are excited to see what he can bring to the team this fall.”
Pedraza joins incoming freshman Callum Macfie and graduate transfer Charles Jahn to Iowa’s 2020-21 team.
Hiram Bingham School
- Top-ranked junior in Peru.
- Placed top five in Peruvian rankings in each of the past five years.
- Member of the Peruvian national team, representing the country in six tournaments.
- Won three of his last six junior starts in Peru.
- Selected to play at the 2020 South American Junior Am (postponed due to COVID-19).
- Tied for ninth at the 2019 Doral Publix Junior Classic.
- Finished runner up at the 2018 Peruvian Amateur.
- Led Peru to win the 2018 Pacific Alliance Championship.
- Successfully completed the International Baccalaureate Program.
- Son of Carlos Pedraza and Ana Isabel Buitrago, and has two siblings, Diego and Alejandra.
- Intended major: management with international business.