IOWA CITY, Iowa – For fans traveling to and from Kinnick Stadium this fall for football games, please be advised of the following road and traffic information.
Fans are encouraged to allow additional time in their commute to the game due to parking changes and various road construction projects around campus.
All ramps are open at the I-80/I-380 interchange. The multi-year project is complete and fans are able to access all ramps in all directions.
TRAFFIC/CONSTRUCTION: 1st AVENUE (CORALVILLE)
Fans traveling to or from I-80 should avoid 1st Avenue (Coralville). The ongoing major construction at I-80 exit 242 will persist all season long. During this time, 1st Avenue will remain one lane in each direction over I-80. This has the potential to create significant delays both pregame and postgame. Signage will be placed along I-80 and on Highway 6 to discourage fans from using 1st Avenue.
Fans who need to access I-80 after football games from Kinnick Stadium surrounding parking lots are encouraged to continue straight through the Hawkins Drive/Hwy 6 intersection onto Rocky Shore Drive/Park Road, which ultimately connects to Dubuque Street (turn left to travel north approximately one mile to I-80). Alternatively, fans may access I-80 from Highway 6 via Coral Ridge Avenue.
TRAFFIC/CONSTRUCTION: SOUTH RIVERSIDE DRIVE/MYRTLE AVENUE (IOWA CITY)
Traffic is reduced to two lanes (one lane in either direction) on South Riverside Drive just south of Myrtle Avenue. Fans are encouraged to use an alternate route to avoid delays.
• Lot 52/Hawkeye Ramp: Construction of the Hawkeye Ramp began this past summer with anticipated completion in 2025. For football games in 2023, Lot 52 (previously known as Lot 43N) will continue to provide limited parking for RVs (reserved) and ADA on gameday.
• Lot 40: Passenger vehicles, which previously parked in Lot 52, have been relocated to Lot 40. Over 350 passenger vehicles will be placed in this lot.
• Lot 73 (University Club Lot): Lot 73 has been expanded to accommodate RVs (reserved), many of which previously parked in Lot 40. Approximately 60 RVs will be placed in this lot.
• Lot 65 (Finkbine Commuter Lot): Lot 65 will only be available for passenger vehicles on football gameday.
• Lot 48 (Myrtle Lot): Myrtle lot has been expanded to accommodate fans displaced due to construction in Lot 14. The Myrtle Lot is no longer a public lot, and a permit will be required for entry on gameday.
• There are a limited number of pre-paid permits that remain available in Lot 65 (Finkbine Commuter).
• Day of game parking for $30 is available at the Finkbine Golf Course, Lower Finkbine and Softball lots.
• Day of game ADA parking for $30 will be available in Ramp 4. Vehicles must display a state issued ADA placard or license plate.
• Free parking is available at Lot 55 (Hancher Auditorium Lot) and Lot 85 (Hawkeye Commuter Lot). Parking is also available in Lot 11 (CRWC) at the University’s standard hourly rate.
Fans are encouraged to visit the Football Parking page for additional information on parking and traffic.