March 29, 2006
The University of Iowa Athletics Department seeks applications for head wrestling coach.
Responsibilities: This position has primary responsibility for all phases of coaching and organizing a competitive Division I wrestling program within the NCAA and Big Ten Conference. The responsibilities include:
1. Assessing, identifying and recruiting qualified and diverse student-athletes.
2. Developing plans for the season including competitive schedule, facility needs, practice schedules, and training and conditioning programs.
3. Hiring, supervising, and evaluating a diverse wrestling staff.
4. Providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes.
5. Preparing budget recommendations and managing the budget.
6. Establishing and maintaining effective relationships with the University community and its various constituents.
7. Promoting the sport, program and University through media and fund-raising opportunities.
8. Adhering to all rules and regulations of the University, Big Ten Conference and NCAA.
9. Performing other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred. Required qualifications include: demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules, a proven commitment to high ethical standards and academics, demonstrated experience working effectively in a diverse environment, excellent organizational and administrative skills, superior knowledge of the techniques and strategies of the sport, success in recruiting student-athletes to a wrestling program committed to athletic excellence, and superior communication and public relations skills. Preferred qualifications include: NCAA Division I head coaching experience and a minimum of five years successful intercollegiate coaching (assistant coaches from highly successful programs are encouraged to apply).
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Terms of Employment: Full-time, 12-month appointment. Starting date is negotiable.
Application Process: To apply for this position, contact Robert Bowlsby, Athletics Director, at 319-430-1767. Screening will start immediately and continue until position is filled.
The University of Iowa is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.