Oct. 31, 2006
1. What was it like missing the first half of the season with an injury?
It was really hard. Coming back from any injury is difficult and frustrating. I would never wish rehab on anyone. Rehab is a slow, grueling, and tedious process, but it works. So if you have to do it, make sure you do it.
2. What is it like having all the St. Charles girls on the team?
They are just great! Plus, it’s nice to carpool.
3. If you could be coach for a day, what would your practice be like?
If I was the coach for a day I would probably give them the day off. Not because it would be nice to relax but all athletes need a personal/mental day once and a while. I would also require a two hour nap, just to insure that all my athletes got rest on their day off.
4. If you were a superhero, what would your name be and what powers would you have?
This is a hard one. I would have to earn my superhero name, but if I had a power, I would have to be able to fly. And then I would hope for some radioactive bug to bite me so I would get more super powers.
5. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
I wanted to be an actress or the lead singer in a Broadway show.
6. What do you want to be now?
An elementary school teacher.
7. If you could play another sport at Iowa, what would it be?
I would probably play tennis because it is a lot like volleyball, and it is an individual sport. Or field hockey because it looks fun!
8. What was your favorite Halloween costume?
Well, for five consecutive years I was a princess. From the age of three to eight I was a princess with the same costume and everything.
9. What would your last meal be?
If I had one last meal I would have a huge bowl of my Great Grandma Vitali’s homemade tortellini soup. Whole wheat pasta with my Grandpa Vitali’s homemade sauce, my Mom’s cream peas, mashed potatoes with my Grandma Kyger’s gravy, my best friend’s homemade chocolate cake, my mom’s homemade chocolate chip cookies and a cold glass of chocolate milk.
10. If one team member had to be president, who should it be?
I would vote for Tiana, my roommate. We have many of the same beliefs and morals. She is not afraid to speak her mind and I respect that. Plus, I am her friend, so I would be able to have a sleep over at the White House.