April 29, 2007
INDIANOLA, IA –
Senior Sarah Burgett and redshirt freshman Dan Rolling each won events at the Kip Janvrin Open in Indianola, IA, Friday. Thirteen Hawkeyes competed at the single-day meet on the Simpson College campus.
Burgett tied for first place in the pole vault, clearing a season-best height of 12-0. Rolling won the high jump with a season-best mark of 6-6 3/4. He also placed 15th in the long jump (20-7).
The men’s team posted four collegiate-best performances at the meet, including Rolling’s long jump mark. The bests came from sophomore Cannon Dolan in the 800 meters (1:54.59), sophomore Tommy Tate in the 5,000 meters (14:57.27) and junior Richard Johnson in the pole vault (15-1).
The women’s team posted two top-three finishes in their events. Freshman Caleigh Bacchus placed third in the high jump (5-4 1/4) and junior Tammilee Kerr placed third in the javelin (133-8).
Iowa’s next competition will be at the Big Ten Outdoor Championships, May 11-13, at University Park, PA. All events will be held at Nittany Lion Track at the Penn State University campus.
WOMEN’S EVENT RESULTS (Winner Plus Iowa Placers)
1. Ashlee Dickinson (Nebraska) 5-6
3. Caleigh Bacchus (Iowa) 5-4 1/4
1. Sarah Burgett (Iowa) 12-0
Julie Strenkowski (N. Dakota St.) 12-0
1. Ashley Morrow (N. Illinois) 162-2
21. Mandy Chandler (Iowa) 123-11
1. Vanessa Warzecha (Morningside) 145-4
3. Tammilee Kerr (Iowa) 133-8
MEN’S EVENT RESULTS (Winner Plus Iowa Placers)
1. Kellen Burl (Iowa St.) 14.68
11. Brice Wilson (Iowa) 15.80
1. Richard Newton (Iowa St.) 3:58.80
7. Jay Renaud (Iowa) 4:04.83
1. Allen Wood (Black Hills) 14:48.55
3. Tommy Tate (Iowa) 14:57.27
1. Dan Rolling (Iowa) 6-6 3/4
1. Joe Conway (Wisconsin) 24-3 3/4
15. Dan Rolling (Iowa) 20-7
Click HERE for more information about the Big Ten Network.