March 13, 2009
MINNEAPOLIS, MN — Four Hawkeye divers advanced to Friday’s finals of the 2009 Zone C NCAA Qualifier in Minneapolis, MN. Juniors Frank Van Dijkhuizen and Michael Gilligan competed on the men’s one-meter board, while junior Deidre Freeman and freshman Veronica Rydze competed on the women’s three-meter event. Senior Drew DeLashmutt also competed on the men’s one-meter event.
Gilligan placed 13th with a combined 12-dive score of 585.05, posting a 292.05 in the prelims and a 293.00 in the finals. Van Dijkhuizen was close behind in 15th with a total of 575.95, scoring a 292.25 in the prelims and a 283.70 in the finals. DeLashmutt scored a 263.95 in the prelims for 21st place.
Freeman placed 11th with a 12-dive total of 544.30. Her prelims score of 292.35 ranked fifth, and she posted a 251.95 in the finals. Rydze placed 18th with a total of 509.15, posting a 243.90 in the prelims and a 266.25 in the finals. Saturday’s competition, which includes the women’s one-meter and men’s three-meter events, is set to start at 1 p.m. (CT). All events will be held at the University of Minnesota’s Aquatic Center.
MEN’S ONE-METER RESULTS (TOP THREE PLUS IOWA)
1. David Colturi (Purdue) 731.90
2. David Boudia (Purdue) 692.00
3. Landon Marzullo (Indiana) 688.45
13. Michael Gilligan (Iowa) 585.05
15. Frank Van Dijkhuizen (Iowa) 575.95
21. Drew DeLashmutt (Iowa) 263.95
WOMEN’S THREE-METER RESULTS (TOP THREE PLUS IOWA)
1. Christina Loukas (Indiana) 736.35
2. Casey Matthews (Purdue) 628.70
3. Brittney Feldman (Indiana) 614.85
11. Deidre Freeman (Iowa) 544.30
18. Veronica Rydze (Iowa) 509.15