Feb. 6, 2015
- Read the February issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
LINCOLN, Neb. — The University of Iowa track and field team received a second-place finish from sophomore Elexis Guster, who recently appeared on Iowa’s 24 Hawkeyes to Watch list, when she crossed the 400-meter line in 54.20 Friday at the Husker Invite. Junior MonTayla Holder grabbed a sixth-place finish in the event with a time of 55.08. Their times would rank fifth and eighth in the Big Ten, respectively.
Senior Annemie Smith represented Iowa in the women’s weight throw, recording a toss of 57-03.75 (17.47m) to finish 10th overall. That mark would rank seventh on Iowa’s all-time list.
Carolyn Newhouse recorded an eight-place finish in her first collegiate indoor 5,000-meter race. The sophomore crossed the line in 17:55.99, while senior Jocelyn Todd finished 11th, respectively, in 18:01.56.
Running and field events follow at noon (CT) inside the Bob Devaney Sports Center on the University of Nebraska campus.