Feb. 13, 2015
- Read the February issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. — University of Iowa track and field sophomore Elexis Guster recorded a new personal best performance in the women’s 400 meters at the Tyson Invite on Friday.
Guster logged a seventh-place finish in the event, posting 53.92. That time would rank fourth in the conference and lands fourth on Iowa’s all-time list. Junior MonTayla Holder also clocked a career best time, crossing the 400-meter mark in 54.32. Her performance would rank eighth in the Big Ten and places sixth all-time at Iowa.
Mahnee Watts competed in the women’s 800 meters. The sophomore clocked 2:11.16, a time that would rank ninth in school history, to finish 14th, respectively.
Klyvens Delaunay led the Hawkeyes in the field events with a leap of 6.64 meters in the men’s long jump to finish 27th overall.
The Hawkeyes resume competition Saturday at noon (CT) inside the Randal Tyson Track Center on the campus of the University of Arkansas.