July 24, 2015
- Read the June issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
TORONTO — Former University of Iowa national champion Kineke Alexander won the bronze medal in the 400 meters at the 2015 Pan Am Games on Friday.
Alexander placed third in 51.50 while representing St Vincent and the Grenadines. Team USA swept the top two medals. Kendall Baisden won gold in 51.27, and Shakima Wimbley took silver in 51.36. Alexander advanced to the finals with a 52.24 mark in the semifinals.
An NCAA indoor 400-meter champion for the Hawkeyes in 2006, Alexander was competing in her second Pan Am Games. She placed 12th in the 400 meters in 2011. She is also a two-time Olympian, having represented St Vincent and the Grenadines in Beijing in 2008 and London in 2012.