Nov. 4, 2015
- Read the November issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
IOWA CITY, Iowa — Junior captain Ben Anderson and sophomore Madison Waymire of the University of Iowa men’s and women’s cross country teams have been recognized by the Big Ten Conference as recipients of the Sportsmanship Award, the league office announced Wednesday.
Honorees are selected based on good academic standing and have demonstrated ethical behavior and good citizenship outside of athletics.
Anderson has been a point-scorer for the Hawkeyes in each of their five races this season. He recorded a collegiate-best 24:20.6 in the 8,000 meters at the Bradley Pink Classic on Oct. 16.
Waymire recorded the 10th-best time (21:01.8) in school history en route to finishing 31st at the Big Ten Championships on Nov. 1. The Grimes, Iowa, native is the first Hawkeye to lead Iowa in five consecutive races since Racheal Marchand in 2008.
The Hawkeyes return to action with the NCAA Midwest Regional in Lawrence, Kansas, on Nov. 13.