April 28, 2016
- Read the April issue of Hawk Talk Monthly
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly iOS app
- Download your Hawk Talk Monthly android app
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye iPad and iPhone app!
- Download your Iowa Hawkeye Android app!
- Big Ten Network: Free Hawkeye Video
- 24 Hawkeyes to Watch
DES MOINES, Iowa — Senior Kaitlyn Nelson and the men’s 6,400-meter relay opened the 107th Drake Relays for the University of Iowa track and field team Thursday.
Nelson (12th/2:12.11) was the first Hawkeye to step on the Blue Oval in the women’s unseeded 800 meters.
The Hawkeyes took to the track again in the men’s 6,400-meter relay. The quartet of junior Brook Price, freshman Ian Eklin, sophomore Daniel Gardarsson and junior Kevin Docherty came in eighth overall in 17:00.30, narrowly missing seventh place (Saint Louis/16:59.71) while finishing ahead of Illinois (9th/17:15.40).
The relay’s time ranks fourth in school history.
The Hawkeyes continue action at the Drake Relays on Friday with the women’s 100-meter hurdles at 9:32 a.m. (CT). Live streaming of the Drake Relays will be available online at USATF.tv on Friday and the early part of Saturday. The event will be televised on NBC Sports Network from 2-4 p.m. on Saturday.