The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Saint George, Utah, to compete at the Entrada Classic from March 13-14 at the Snow Canyon Golf Club.
• Monday, March 13 — First & Second Round — 9:30 a.m. (CT) shotgun start
• Tuesday, March 14 — Final Round — 9:30 a.m. (CT) shotgun start
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on GolfStat.com. Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 13 teams: BYU, Boise State, Gonzaga, Kent State, Iowa, Rutgers, San Francisco, Southern Utah, UT-San Antonio, Tulsa, Utah Valley, Wyoming
Seven Hawkeyes will be competing at the Entrada Classics: Jessie Sindlinger, Jessica Ip, Elisa Suarez, Morgan Kukla, Shawn Rennegarbe, Kristin Glesne, and Sophie Liu. Lineups will be seeded in a practice round the day before the tournament begins.
• The Entrada Course– Par 72 — 6,168 yards.
• The course is situated on a desert landscape with a landscape view of red sandstone cliffs, rolling stone, black lava, and rugged arroyos.
• The Entrada Golf Course was designed by Johnny Miller and Fred Bliss.
HISTORICALLY AT THE BYU ENTRADA CLASSIC
• Last year, Iowa finished second in the 14-team field. The Hawkeyes carded a three-round total 911 (+47), including rounds of 299, 306 and 306.
• In 2015, the team finished sixth among 15 teams, carding a 54-hole team total of 897 (+33; 299, 297, 301).
• In 2014, the Hawkeyes finished 10th in the 16-team field after posting a three-round total of 966 (+102; 315, 336, 315).
• Junior Jessica Ip recorded the sixth-best individual performance for 54-holes with a total of 215 at the Red Raider Invitational on Sep. 13.
• Sophie Liu registered the seventh-best individual season scoring average in Iowa history with a stroke average of 74.8 this fall, while Ip took the 10th-best place with an average of 75.5.
• As a team, the Hawkeyes recorded the ninth-best season scoring average in Iowa history with a stroke average of 77.0 this past fall.
• The team registered top-15 team performances for 36-holes and 54-holes in Hawkeye history at the Landfall Tradition on Oct. 30. They recorded the eighth-best 36-hole score with a 590 and the seventh-lowest 54-hole score with a total of 887.
• Junior Morgan Kukla posted three career bests during the fall season. She recorded her lowest 36-hole score of 150 at the Red Raider Invitational on Sep. 13. The junior registered her lowest 18-hole (72) and 54-hole (224) scores at the Landfall Tradition on Oct. 30.
HAWKEYES IN THE TOP 20
• The Hawkeyes have had a total of two individual top-20 finishes in four tournaments this season.
• Junior Jessica Ip took second overall at the Red Raider Invitational on Sep. 13 with a one-below-par 215 on 54 holes.
• Freshman Sophie Liu finished 12th at the Greenville Regional Preview on Oct. 18 with a three-roundtotal of 228 (+12). The freshman also finished 10th at the Westbrook Spring Inivitational on Feb. 27 with a 54-hole score of 215 (-1).
LAST TIME OUT
Iowa took fifith in a field of 13 teams at the Westbrook Spring Invitational with a 54-hole team score of 873 (+9), registering rounds of 292, 294, and 287.
• Freshman Sophie Liu led the Hawkeyes, finishing 10th overall with a total of 215 (-1) and rounds of
70, 73, and 72.
• Senior Jessie Sindlinger and junior Jessica Ip tied for 16th with a two-round total of 216 (E). Sindlinger posted rounds of 74, 72, and 70, while Ip fired rounds of 68, 76, and 72.
• Sophomore Kristin Glesne and Shawn Rennegarbe rounded out the Hawkeyes. Glesne tied for 59th with a total of 230 (+14; 82, 75, 73), while Rennegarbe tied for 63rd with a three-round score of 231 (+15; 80, 74, 77).
THREE NAMED TO B1G TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Three members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — senior Jessie Sindlinger, junior Jessica Ip, and freshman Sophie Liu — were named 2016-17 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
• Jessie Sindlinger competed in all six competitions in the spring, averaging a 73.7 strokes per-round — the best on the team.
• Jessica Ip competed in all six competitions, scoring a 74.4 stroke average — the second best on the team. Ip earned the first medalist honor of her career, winning the Diane Thomason
invite with a four-under-par 212 on Sept. 13.
• Sophie Liu is beginning her collegiate career this fall. The Vancouver, British Columbia, native was one of just six freshmen named to the watch list.
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Shawn Rennegarbe, Sarah Overton, and Sophie Liu — to the 2016-17 squad. Rennegarbe is a sophomore transfer from Arkansas with three years of eligibility remaining. Liu and Overton are incoming freshman this year.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team travels to Rancho Santa Fe, California, to compete in the SDSU March Mayhem on March 20-22.