The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Atlanta, Georgia, for the Ladies Fall Collegiate this weekend.
• Friday, Oct. 27 — First Round — 7:30 a.m. (CT)
• Saturday, Oct. 28 — Second Round — 7:30 a.m. (CT)
• Sunday, Oct. 29 — Final Round — 7:30 a.m. (CT)
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on Golfstat.com. Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 12 teams: Iowa, Louisville (33), Georgia, Kennesaw State, Georgia State, Illinois (15), East Carolina (41), Indiana, Augusta State, Coastal Carolina, Dartmouth, and Minnesota. (Golfstat Relative Rankings)
Senior Jessica Ip will be in the number one spot for the Hawkeyes. She is followed by junior Kristin Glesne, senior Elisa Suarez, junior Shawn Rennegarbe, and senior Morgan Kukla. Freshman Stephanie Herzog will be competing as an individual.
• The Highlands course was originally designed in 1964; it was then redesigned in 2006 by Rees Jones.
• During the redesign, the greens and fairways were both made firmer and faster.
• Following the redesign, the new course plays much tougher.
HISTORICALLY AT THE LADIES FALL COLLEGIATE
• This will be Iowa’s first time competing in this tournament.
LAST TIME OUT
The University of Iowa women’s golf team competed in the Ruth Chris Tar Heel Invitational on Oct. 13-15, they finished with a three-round score of 908 (+44).
• Junior Kristin Glesne carded a 70 (-2) in the first roud. She finished tied for 55th after carding a 54-hole score of 223 (+7).
• Seniors Jessica Ip and Elisa Suarez each tied for 71st with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
• Junior Shawn Rennegarbe carded a three-round score of 232 (+16), she finished 85th.
• Freshman Stephanie Herzog made her Hawkeye debut. She carded rounds of 78, 80, and 84 to finish with a three-round score of 242 (+26) and tie for 93rd.
COMPETING WITH THE BEST
• Through three tournaments, Iowa has competed against 29 top-50 teams according to Golfstat Relative Rankings.
• Seven of those 29 opponents are ranked in the top-10, including No. 1 Alabama and No. 3 Arkansas.
• Iowa has faced 17 top-25 opponents this season.
• Iowa opened the season at the Branch Law Firm Invitational finishing, tying for 7th with No. 43 ranked New Mexico and No. 18 ranked Iowa State.
• The Hawkeyes have finished ahead of four top-50 ranked teams.
• Iowa will compete against three top-50 teams this week.
• Iowa has carded 10 rounds at-or-below par this season.
• The Hawkeyes have a team stroke average of 74.3 through forty-five rounds of play.
• Ip leads the team with a 73.4 stroke average, Glesne is just behind her with an average of 73.7.
• Glesne leads the team with four rounds at-or-below par.
• After three tournaments of play, Ip has the lowest round of the season for the team with a 68 (-3). Glesne is second with a 70(-2), followed by Suarez with a 71(-1).
THREE NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Three members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Jessica Ip and Morgan Kukla, and sophomore Sophie Liu — were named 2017-18 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
• Ip competed in all six competitions in the spring, finishing with a 74.2 stroke average — the best on the team.
• Liu competed in all six competitions, scoring a 77.0 stroke average — the second best on the team.
• Kukla appeared in seven of Iowa’s 10 tournaments last season, carding a career-best 18-hole score of 71 (-1) at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational.
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Annalee Dannegger, Rachel Fujitani, and Stephanie Herzog– to the 2017-18 squad. Dannegger is from Wheaton, Illinois, Fujitani is from Phoenix, Arizona, and Herzog is from Red Wing, Minnesota.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team will open spring play on Feb. 25-26 at the Westbrook Spring Invitational in Peoria, Arizona.