IOWA CITY, Iowa – Annual contributions represent the driving force of University of Iowa athletics and allow the department to provide first-class experiences for our student-athletes on the field, in the classroom and in life. Each year, Hawkeye fans generate over $17 million to support team travel, housing, training facilities, equipment, nutrition, medical services and all other expenses associated with being a Hawkeye student-athlete.
Due to recent tax law changes, athletics contributions that provide you with benefits – including those that cover per-seat requirements – are no longer tax deductible. We are providing you with new options for investing in our world-class academic and athletic experiences to help eliminate confusion for your 2018 tax reporting.
- Your contribution to the I-Club Fund ensures our Hawkeyes a chance to compete at the highest level. Your support will provide you with I-Club recognition, cover per-seat requirements, and give you priority points for other athletic benefits (seat selection, parking and early access to purchase tickets). Contributions to the I-Club Fund are not tax deductible.
- Your contribution to the Hawkeye Fund and/or Iowa Scholarship Fund will provide vital resources for our athletic programs. While a contribution to one of these two funds will not provide you with I-Club recognition or priority points, you will receive a full tax deduction.
Contribute to the I-Club by May 31 to ensure proper contributor benefits, tickets and parking. I-Club Members and renewed season ticket holders will also have the opportunity to purchase single game tickets before they go on sale to the general public.
- June 11: Single Game tickets on sale to Kinnick Society Gold and Kinnick Society Members
- June 12: Single Game tickets on sale to Champion and Golden Hawk Members
- June 13: Single Game tickets on sale to renewed season ticket holders/I-Club Members
For more information on the I-Club, please visit jointheiclub.com. Show your support by investing in Hawkeye student-athletes today. Go Hawks, and Fight for Iowa!
Please note: you are encouraged to consult your tax adviser for applicability of the IRS regulations.