The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Sammamish, Washington, to compete in the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational on Oct. 9-10. This will be Iowa’s first time competing in the tournament.
- Tuesday, Oct. 9– First and Second Round — 9:50 a.m. (CT)
- Wednesday, Oct. 18 — Final Round — 9:50 a.m. (CT)
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on golfstat.com. Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 12 teams (Golfstat Relative Rankings): BYU, Pepperdine (23), Georgetown, Long Beach State, Oregon State, Rutgers, Seattle, Washington, Hawaii, California-Davis and San Francisco.
- Pepperdine (23) is the field’s only ranked team.
- Washington tied for first at the Nittany Lion Invitational on Sept. 22-23.
The Hawkeye lineup will include senior Shawn Rennegarbe, freshman Manuela Lizarazu, senior Kristin Glesne, freshman Dana Lerner and sophomore Brett Permann.
- Sahalee Country Club was established in 1969 and voted the No. 1 Golf Course in Washington by Golf Digest in 2017-18.
- Sahalee hosted the 1998 PGA Championship and 2016 KPMG Women’s PGA Championship.
RENNEGARBE EARNS B1G GOLFER OF THE WEEK
Senior Shawn Rennegarbe was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week on Wednesday after placing first at the Diane Thomason Invite on Sept. 29-30.
- Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole total of 221 (+5; 79, 73, 69) to claim medalist honors for the first time in her career.
- She carded three birdies on the back nine en-route to a career-low, 18-hole score 69 (-3) in the third round.
- Rennegarbe’s first-place finish also makes her Iowa’s first individual tournament champion since 2015.
- The Addieville, Illinois, native is the first Hawkeye to win Big Ten Golfer of the Week since sophomore Rachel Fujitani won the award on April 4, 2018.
IOWA, RENNEGARBE WIN DIANE THOMASON INVITE
The Hawkeyes won the team and individual title at the Diane Thomason Invitational, carding a 54-hole score of 898 (+34). Senior Shawn Rennegarbe tied for first, finishing with a three-round total of 221 (+5).
- Rennegarbe claimed medalists honors for the first time in her career.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu recorded a career-best finish (third) after shooting one-under-par in the first round. She carded a 54-hole total of 223 (+7).
- Senior Kristin Glesne carded a career-high finish (fourth) in her last home tournament in Iowa City. Glesne made her collegiate debut at the 2015 Diane Thomason Invite, placing 29th.
- Glesne fired six birdies through the first two rounds to help her card a three-round score of 226 (+10).
- Freshman Dana Lerner clinched a career-best finish (sixth), utilizing a two-over-par first round with three birdies.
- Sophomore Brett Permann made her Hawkeye debut. She registered a three-round total of 234 (+18).
HAWKEYES DOMINATE THOMASON LEADERBOARD
Iowa’s lineup filled the leaderboard at the Diane Thomas Invite on Sept. 29-30.
- Shawn Rennegarbe (first), Manuela Lizarazu (third), Kristin Glesne (fourth), Dana Lerner (sixth) and Brett Permann (13th) all notched career-best finishes.
- Sophomore Stephanie Herzog, who competed as an individual, recorded a career-best finish, tying for 10th. Herzog carded a three-round score of 233 (+17).
- Sophomore Rachel Fujitani and junior Sophie Liu tied for 32nd with a 238 (+22) three-round total.
- Sophomore Annalee Dannegger tied for 48th with a 54-hole total of 250 (+34).
THREE NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Three members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Shawn Rennegarbe and Kristin Glesne, and sophomore Rachel Fujitani — were named 2018-19 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- Rennegarbe competed in all 10 competitions last season including a career-best finish at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational, tying for 20th, with-round total of 225 (+9).
- Fujitani competed in all six tournaments last spring. The Phoenix, Arizona, native carded her first under-par round (71; -1) at the Arizona State Invitational (March 23-25).
- Glesne competed in nine tournaments last season. She tied for 46th at the Big Ten Championships (April 20-22) with a three-round total of 227 (+11).
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Brett Permann, Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu to the 2018-2019 squad. Permann transferred from the University of Central Arkansas; Lerner is from Caesarea, Israel; Lizarazu is from Bogota, Colombia.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team travels south to compete in the Battle at the Beach on Nov. 2-4 in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The tournament is hosted by Baylor University.
Fans can follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the latest Hawkeye news.