The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels south to Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Nov. 2-4 to compete in the Battle at the Beach, hosted by Baylor.
- Friday, Nov. 2– 10:30 a.m. (CT)
- Saturday, Nov. 3– 10:30 a.m. (CT)
- Sunday, Nov. 4– 9:15 a.m. (CT)
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on birdiefire.com. Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 17 teams (Golfstat Relative Rankings): Auburn, Baylor, Clemson (24), Denver, Houston, Mississippi State, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas, TCU, Tulane, Tulsa, Alabama-Birmingham, New Mexico, Vanderbilt (6) and Virginia (5).
- The field includes ranked Virginia (5), Vanderbilt (6) and Clemson (24).
- Oklahoma, Baylor and Auburn all received votes in the latest ranking.
The Hawkeye lineup will include senior Shawn Rennegarbe, sophomore Stephanie Herzog, freshman Manuela Lizarazu, sophomore Brett Permann and junior Sophie Liu.
- Club Campestre San Jose was designed by Nicklaus Design and officially opened in June of 2007.
- Located along the gently rolling foothills of the Sierra del la Laguna Mountains and Pacific Ocean.
RENNEGARBE EARNS B1G GOLFER OF THE WEEK
Senior Shawn Rennegarbe was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week after placing first at the Diane Thomason Invite on Sept. 29-30.
- Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole total of 221 (+5; 79, 73, 69) to claim medalist honors for the first time in her career.
- She carded three birdies on the back nine en-route to a career-low, 18-hole score 69 (-3) in the third round.
- Rennegarbe’s first-place finish also makes her Iowa’s first individual tournament champion since 2015.
- The Addieville, Illinois, native is the first Hawkeye to win Big Ten Golfer of the Week since sophomore Rachel Fujitani won the award on April 4, 2018.
IOWA, RENNEGARBE WIN DIANE THOMASON INVITE
The Hawkeyes won the team and individual title at the Diane Thomason Invitational, carding a 54-hole score of 898 (+34). Senior Shawn Rennegarbe tied for first, finishing with a three-round total of 221 (+5).
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu recorded a career-best finish (third) after shooting one-
- under-par in the first round. She carded a 54-hole total of 223 (+7).
- Senior Kristin Glesne carded a career-high finish (fourth) in her last home tournament in Iowa City. Glesne made her collegiate debut at the 2015 Diane Thomason Invite, placing 29th.
- Glesne fired six birdies through the first two rounds to help her card a three-round score of 226 (+10).
- Freshman Dana Lerner clinched a career-best finish (sixth), utilizing a two-over-par first round with three birdies.
- Sophomore Brett Permann made her Hawkeye debut. She registered a three-round total of 234 (+18).
RENNEGARBE PACES HAWKEYES OUT WEST
Shawn Rennegarbe led the Hawkeyes during the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational on Oct. 9-10, tying for 24th.
- Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole score of 227 (+5). She carded three birdies en-route to a two-over par second round.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu finished the first round one-over-par with three birdies. Lizarazu finished with a 54-hole score of 229 (+13), tying for 30th.
TWO NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Two members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Shawn Rennegarbe and Kristin Glesne — were named 2018-19 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- Rennegarbe competed in all 10 competitions last season including a career-best finish at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational, tying for 20th, with-round total of 225 (+9).
- Glesne competed in nine tournaments last season. She tied for 46th at the Big Ten Championships (April 20-22) with a three-round total of 227 (+11).
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Brett Permann, Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu to the 2018-2019 squad. Permann transferred from the University of Central Arkansas; Lerner is from Caesarea, Israel; Lizarazu is from Bogota, Colombia.
ON THE HORIZON
Iowa opens its spring slate, traveling to Peoria, Arizona, on Feb. 24-25 to participate in the Westbrook Spring Invitational hosted by the University of Wisconsin.
Fans can follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the latest Hawkeye news.