The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Tucson, Arizona, on March 11-12 to participate in the Wildcat Invitational.
- Monday, March. 11 — First and Second Round — 8:30 a.m. (CT)
- Tuesday, March 12 — Final Round — 9:00 a.m. (CT)
Live scoring will be available throughout the tournament on GolfStat.com: https://bit.ly/2XzzsbP
Links can be found on the Iowa women’s golf schedule page at hawkeyesports.com.
The field includes 17 teams (Golfstat Relative Rankings): Arizona, Arizona State, Denver, Fresno State, Grand Canyon, Iowa State, Long Beach State, Michigan, Northern Arizona, New Mexico, New Mexico State, Oregon, Oregon State, Purdue, San Diego State and Nevada-Las Vegas.
Six Hawkeyes will make the trip to Tucson. They include: Shawn Rennegarbe, Kristin Glesne, Stephanie Herzog, Brett Permann, Manuela Lizarazu and Dana Lerner.
- The Sewailo Golf Club runs along the picturesque Sonoran desert landscape with lakes and streams.
- The course was designed by Notah Begay III.
LAST TIME OUT
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu lead the Hawkeyes at the Westbrook Spring Invitational on Feb. 24-25 in Peoria, Arizona. Lizarazu finished with a season-best, 54-hole score of 218 (+2), tying for 35th.
- Lizarazu finished the third round one-under-par with four birdies. She recorded three birdies in the first round to finish one-over-par.
- Freshman Dana Lerner jumped up 10 spots on the leaderboard during the last round. She tied her career-best, 18-hole score of 73 (+1) in the third round with three birdies.
- Sophomore Brett Permann shot a career-best, 19-hole score of 70 (-2) in the second round.
TEAM FALL RECAP
- The Hawkeyes won the team title at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 30, carding a 54-hole score of 898 (+34).
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe was named the Big Ten Golfer of the Week after placing first at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30. Rennegarbe registered a 54-hole total of 221 (+5; 79, 73, 69) to claim medalist honors for the first time in her career.
- Freshman Manuela Lizarazu registered a career-high finish (3rd) after shooting one-under-par in the first round at the Diane Thomason Invitational. She carded a three-round total of 223 (+7).
- Senior Kristin Glesne placed fourth – a career-best — registering a three-round score of 226 (+10).
- Manuela Lizarazu lead the Hawkeyes at the Battle at the Beach in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico, on Nov. 2-4, tying for 19th with a 54-hole score of 219 (+6).
- Lizarazu finished the first round with a season-best, 18-hole score of 70 (-1) in the first round. She registered four birdies on the front-nine en-route to a three-over-par third finish.
- Sophomore Sophie Liu carded a season-best 72 in the third round to climb up 10 spots from the second round. She tied for 69th. Liu also recorded a new career-low, 54-hole score of 231 (+18).
- Rennegarbe tied for 24th at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational, carding a three-round total of 227 (+5). She recorded five birdies en-route to a two-over-par second round. Rennegarbe registered a 77 (+5) third round score with two birdies.
- Senior Kristin Glesne lead the Hawkeyes throughout the Branch Law Firm Invite, tying for 33rd overall with a 54-hole score of 221 (+5).
- Freshman Dana Lerner clinched a career-best finish (sixth), utilizing a two-over-par first round with three birdies.
RENNEGARBE’S STRONG FALL
- Senior Shawn Rennegarbe claimed co-medalist honors at the Diane Thomason Invitational on Sept. 29-30 with a 54-hole score of 221 (+5), shooting a 69 (-3) in the final round. Rennegarbe earned Big Ten Golfer of the Week for her play in the Diane Thomason Invitational.
- The senior registered career bests for 18-holes (69, -3) and 54-holes 221 (+5), earning a career best finish with co-medalist honors.
- The Addieville, Illinois, native earned the top individual finish in two of the team’s five fall events. She tied for first at the Diane Thomason Invitational and tied for 24th at the Edean Ihlanfeldt Invitational.
- Rennegarbe led the Hawkeyes with a 75.8 stroke average and a low-round of 69 (-3). She notched one top-10 and one top-20 finish.
TWO NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
Two members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team — seniors Shawn Rennegarbe and Kristin Glesne– were named 2018-19 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- Rennegarbe competed in all 10 competitions last season including a career-best finish at the Hawkeye El-Tigre Invitational, tying for 20th, with-round total of 225 (+9).
- Glesne competed in nine tournaments last season. She tied for 46th at the Big Ten Championships (April 20-22) with a three-round total of 227 (+11).
This season, the Hawkeyes welcome three newcomers — Brett Permann, Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu to the 2018-2019 squad. Permann transferred from the University of Central Arkansas; Lerner is from Caesarea, Israel; Lizarazu is from Bogota, Colombia.
ON THE HORIZON
Iowa travels south of the border to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, to host the Hawkeye-El Tigre Invitational on March 21-23.
Fans can follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to stay up to date on the latest Hawkeye news.