IOWA CITY, Iowa – The University of Iowa men’s golf program and head coach Tyler Stith announced on Friday that Matthew Garside has signed a National Letter of Intent to attend the University of Iowa beginning this fall.
Bettendorf High School
- Earned medalist honors at the 2018 Class 4A Iowa State Championship after shooting a 65 (-6).
- Recorded the second lowest 18-hole average in Iowa Class 4A this season with a 71.25.
- His 65 (-6) is the lowest 18-hole score at a state tournament since 2001.
- Named a finalist for the All-Iowa Boys’ Golfer of the Year.
- Won the state championship 64 years after his grandfather.
- Bettendorf High School’s third state medalist.
- Earned medalist honors at five of the six tournaments in 2019.
- Named the 2019 MAC Player of the Year.
Hear from Coach Stith: “We are excited to welcome Matthew to the program. He’s a proven competitor with a strong work ethic and desire to improve. He’s won on multiple levels and will be a great Hawkeye.”