The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to San Jose Del Cabo, Mexico, to compete in its last fall competition,the Battle at the Beach, Friday, Nov. 1 – Sunday, Nov. 3. The Hawkeyes will tee off at 10:30 a.m. (CT).
- Friday, Nov. 1 — Round one shotgun start — 10:30 a.m (CT).
- Saturday, Nov. 2 — Round two shotgun start — 10:30 a.m (CT).
- Sunday, Nov. 3 — Round three shotgun start — 9:15 a.m (CT).
The Battle at the Beach will have live scoring available on birdiefire.com. The live scoring link is available on the women’s golf schedule on hawkeyesports.com.
The field will consist 88 athletes from 16 teams: Texas Christian, Augusta, Denver, Iowa, Kansas State, No. 18 Louisiana State, Missouri, Nebraska, No. 14 Ole Miss, San Jose State, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Alabama-Birmingham, Indianapolis, No. 11 Vanderbilt, and No. 20 Virginia Tech.
The Hawkeyes’ starting lineup includes freshman Lea Zeitler, freshman Jacquelyn Galloway, sophomore Manuela Lizarazu, freshman Morgan Goldstein and senior Sarah Overton. Sophomore Dana Lerner will be competing individually.
- Club Campestre San Jose in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico — Par 71, 6,250 yards.
- Club Campestre San Jose was built in 2005 by Nicklaus Design and officially opened for play in June 2007.
- The course is spread across the rolling foothills of the Sierra del la Laguna Mountains, offering beautiful contrast between mountains, desert, and ocean.
PREVIOUSLY AT THE BATTLE AT THE BEACH
- Iowa competed in the 2018 Battle at the Beach when Baylor hosted in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. The Hawkeyes finished 15th with a 54-hole score of 918 (+66).
- Manuela Lizarazu led the Hawkeyes, tying for 19th with a three-round total of 219 (+6).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Magnolia Invitational. Galloway is the second freshman to do so, Manuela Lizarazu was the first last season at the Bruzzy Challenge.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler shot her 18-hole best (69) at the Magnolia Invitational.
LOOKING BACK — FALL 2019
- The Hawkeyes placed ninth at the Magnolia Invitational on Oct. 13-15. Iowa had a three-round score of 908 (+44).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway was the leading scorer for the Hawkeyes. Galloway finished eighth overall and shot a total score of 217 (+1).
- Iowa competed in the East West Match Play Challenge on Sept. 22-24. The Hawkeyes finished sixth in stroke play and lost in match play to Indiana, 4-1.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished fifth in stroke play – best finish on the team – and won her match-up, 5-3.
- The Hawkeyes competed at the Branch Law Firm Invitational on Sept. 9-10, placing 13th with a score of 902 (+38).
- Lizarazu tied for 58th – best finish on the team – with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- The Hawkeyes competed at the UNI Dual on Sept. 2 and won with a score of 6.5 – 1.5.
- Galloway (4-3),Lizarazu (2-1), Overton (6-5), Goldstein (3-2), Gentzkow (6-5) and Dannegger (5-4) won thier matches and Dana Lerner tied.
- The Iowa women’s golf team kicks off the 2020 spring season at the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, Louisianna, on Feb. 16-18.
- Feb. 16-18 — Allstate Sugar Bowl
- Feb. 23-24 — Westbrooke Spring Invite
- March 19-21 — Hawkeye El Tigre Invitational
- Iowa will host the third-annual Hawkeye El-Tigre Invite in Puerto Vallarta.
- April 5-7 — Bryan National Invite
- April 18 — Minnesota Dual
- April 24-26 — Big Ten Championships