The University of Iowa women’s golf team travels to Peoria, Arizona, to compete at the Westbrook Invitational Feb. 23-24.
- Sunday, Feb. 23 — Round one tee times — 7:30 a.m. (CT)
- Monday, Feb. 24 — Round two tee times — 7:30 a.m (CT).
The Westbrook Invitational will have live scoring available on birdiefire.com. The live scoring link is available on the women’s golf schedule on hawkeyesports.com.
The field will consist of 16 teams: Charleston, Denver, No. 19 Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas State, Mississippi State, Missouri, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Tennessee, UC Davis, Nevada-Las Vegas, and Wisconsin.
The Hawkeyes’ starting lineup includes freshmen Lea Zeitler, Jacquelyn Galloway, and Morgan Goldstein, sophomore Manuela Lizarazu, and junior Stephanie Herzog.
- The Westbrook Village Vistas Course is one of two golf courses at the Village.
- The Vistas course is a mixture of desert and traditional landscape, including guarded greens and water shots.
2X BIG TEN GOLFER OF THE WEEK
- Freshman Lea Zeitler earned her second Big Ten Golfer of the Week award on Feb. 19 for her performance at the All State Sugar Bowl.
- Zeitler fired rounds of 72, 72, and 71 for a total of 215 (-4), highlighted by 13 birdies for the second highest total among the 84 participants.
- Recorded 46 of 54 holes at or below par on the weekend to finish more than three strokes below the course average of 75.22.
- Zeitler was last named Big Ten Golfer of the Week on Nov. 6, for her performance during the Battle at the Beach.
- Zeitler fired her season-best 18-hole score of 68 during the third round of the Battle at the Beach in San Jose del Cabo, Mexico, on Nov. 1-3.
- She tied for 16th and recorded a three-round total of 218 (+2). Carding 10 birdies and 44 holes at-or-below par.
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Magnolia Invitational. She is the third freshman to do so, Manuela Lizarazu was the first last season at the Bruzzy Challenge.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler carded her 54-hole best (215, -4) at the All State Sugar Bowl.
- Zeitler shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Battle at the Beach.
2020 AT A GLANCE
- The Hawkeyes finished 13th at the All State Sugar Bowl with a score of 915 (+39).
- Zeitler led the Hawkeyes and tied for eighth overall with a final score of 215 (-4).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway jumped five spots on the leader board to tie for 58th place with a three-round total of 230 (+11).
- Freshman Morgan Goldstein and senior Sarah Overton both tied for 74th place with a 54-hole score of 236 (+17).
- Junior Brett Permann tallied a total score of 238 (+19), tying for 79th.
LOOKING BACK — FALL 2019
- The Hawkeyes tied for 12th at the Battle at the Beach on Nov. 1-3.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished the tournament tied for 16th with a total score of 218 (+2). Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway carded a 54-hole total of 219 (+3) tying for 21st.
- The Hawkeyes placed ninth at the Magnolia Invitational on Oct. 13-15. Iowa had a three-round score of 908 (+44).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway was the leading scorer for the Hawkeyes. Galloway finished eighth overall and shot a total score of 217 (+1).
- Iowa competed in the East West Match Play Challenge on Sept. 22-24. The Hawkeyes finished sixth in stroke play and lost in match play to Indiana, 4-1.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished fifth in stroke play – best finish on the team – and won her match-up, 5-3.
- The Hawkeyes competed at the Branch Law Firm Invitational on Sept. 9-10, placing 13th with a score of 902 (+38).
- Lizarazu tied for 58th – best finish on the team – with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- The Hawkeyes competed at the UNI Dual on Sept. 2 and won with a score of 6.5 – 1.5.
- Galloway (4-3),Lizarazu (2-1), Overton (6-5), Goldstein (3-2), Gentzkow (6-5) and Dannegger (5-4) won thier matches and Dana Lerner tied.
- The Hawkeyes travel to St. George, Utah, to compete in the Entrada Classic March 9-10.