Hawkeye Fan Shop — A Black & Gold Store | Hawk Talk Monthly — March | 24 Hawkeyes to Watch 2019-20 | I-Club Events Page | 2020 Final Notes
HAWKEYES CONCLUDE SEASON
- Due to COVID-19 precautions, the University of Iowa women’s golf season was cut short. The Hawkeyes finished their season with their best finish (2nd) at the Entrada Classic (March 9-10).
- Senior Sarah Overton finished her career with a career-best low 18-hole score of 73, low 36-hole score of 157, and a low 54-hole score of 236. All of which were set at the Arizona Wildcat Invite (March 6, 2018).
- Overton’s best career finish was 50th at the East West Match Play Challenge (Sept. 23-24) during the 2019 fall season.
- Morgan Goldstein stood out at the Westbrook Invite (Feb. 23), earning a career-best single-round score of 72 (E), which she scored twice. Goldstein also earned a career-best 54-hole score of 218 (+2).
- Freshman Lea Zeitler carded her 54-hole best (215, -4) at the Allstate Sugar Bowl.
- Zeitler became the third freshman to shoot an 18-hole best (68) at the Battle at the Beach.
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway shot her 18-hole best (68) at the Magnolia Invitational (Oct. 13). She is the second freshman to do so, Manuela Lizarazu was the first last season at the Bruzzy Challenge (April 1, 2019).
2020 AT A GLANCE
- The Hawkeyes finished second at the Entrada Classic (March 9-10) with a total score of 894 (+30).
- Three Hawkeyes in the top 10, including freshmen, Jacquelyn Galloway (T-5) with a score of 220 (+4), Morgan Goldstein (T-7) with a score of 221 (+5), and Lea Zeitler (T-10) with a score of 224 (+8). .
- The Hawkeys finished 15th at the Westbrook Invite (Feb. 23-24) with a score of 876 (+12).
- Morgan Goldstein stood out at the Westbrook Invite, earning a career-best single-round score of 72 (E), which she scored twice. Goldstein also earned a career-best 54-hole score of 218 (+2).
- The Hawkeyes finished 13th at the Allstate Sugar Bowl (Feb. 16-18) with a score of 915 (+39).
- Zeitler led the Hawkeyes and tied for eighth overall with a final score of 215 (-4).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway jumped five spots on the leader board to tie for 58th place with a three-round total of 230 (+11).
- Freshman Morgan Goldstein and senior Sarah Overton both tied for 74th place with a 54-hole score of 236 (+17).
- Junior Brett Permann tallied a total score of 238 (+19), tying for 79th.
LOOKING BACK — FALL 2019
- The Hawkeyes tied for 12th at the Battle at the Beach (Nov. 1-3).
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished the tournament tied for 16th with a total score of 218 (+2). Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway carded a 54-hole total of 219 (+3) tying for 21st.
- The Hawkeyes placed ninth at the Magnolia Invitational (Oct. 13-15). Iowa had a three-round score of 908 (+44).
- Freshman Jacquelyn Galloway finished eighth overall and shot a total score of 217 (+1).
- Iowa competed in the East West Match Play Challenge on Sept. 22-24. The Hawkeyes finished sixth in stroke play and lost in match play to Indiana, 4-1.
- Freshman Lea Zeitler finished fifth in stroke play and won her match-up, 5-3.
- The Hawkeyes competed at the Branch Law Firm Invitational (Sept. 9-10), placing 13th with a score of 902 (+38).
- Lizarazu tied for 58th – best finish on the team – with a three-round score of 227 (+11).
- The Hawkeyes won the UNI Dual (Sept. 2) with a score of 6.5 – 1.5.
- Galloway (4-3), Lizarazu (2-1), Overton (6-5), Goldstein (3-2), Gentzkow (6-5) and Dannegger (5-4) won their matches and Dana Lerner tied.
A NEW HOME FOR THE HAWKEYES
- Finkbine Golf Course, consistently rated one of the top golf courses in Iowa, will open a $10 million clubhouse in March.
- Keep up with the Iowa women’s golf team on Hawkeyesports.com.
- Follow @iowawomensgolf on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- The Hawkeyes graduate one senior — Sarah Overton — and return nine athletes.