IOWA CITY, Iowa — The University of Iowa women’s golf team kicks off the 2021 season at the FAU Paradise Invitational in Boca Raton, Florida, on Feb. 8-9.
- Monday, Feb. 8 — Round one and two — 9:00 a.m. (ET).
- Tuesday, Feb. 9 — Round three — 9:00 a.m. (ET).
- The field includes 13 teams — Arkansas State, Florida Atlantic, Loyola, Maryland, Michigan State, Ohio State, Seton Hall, Southern Miss, University of Alabama Birmingham, University of North Florida, University of South Florida, No. 13 Vanderbilt, and Xavier.
- The Hawkeye lineup will include sophomores Lea Zeitler, Morgan Goldstein, Jacquelyn Galloway, junior Dana Lerner, and freshman Klara Wildhaber.
- The Boca Lago Golf Course in Boca Raton, Florida, is 50 acres of shimmering lakes and natural preserve habitats.
- The course recently completed an $8 million redesign of three nine-hole courses under an award-winning golf course architect Jan Bel Jan.
THREE NAMED BIG TEN PRESEASON HONOREES
- Three members of the University of Iowa women’s golf team– sophomores Jacquelyn Galloway, Morgan Goldstein, and Lea Zeitler — were named 2020-21 Big Ten Women’s Golf Preseason Honorees.
- The trio finished top-10 at the Entrada Classic on March 9-10 during the 2020 season. Galloway (T-5) recorded a score of 220 (+4), Goldstein (T-7) posted a score of 221(+5), and Lea Zeitler (T-10) finished with a score of 224 (+8).
- Galloway’s 2020 season was highlighted with two career-best scores at the Magnolia Invitational in the fall of 2019. She shot a two-under par 18-hole best (68) and a 54-hole low (217). Galloway’s best season finish was at the Entrada Classic in March, tying for fifth place.
- Goldstein stood out at the Westbrook Invite during the 2020 season, earning a career-best single-round score of 72 (E), which she scored twice.
- Zeitler, a Mieming Tyrol, Austria, native competed at the International Tyrolean Championship, earning a top spot and shooting a 36-hole score of 141 (-1).
- This season, the Hawkeyes welcome one newcomer – Klara Wildhaber from Switzerland, who is ranked in the top-400 in the world. She recorded her first win over three rounds, shooting seven under par at the Championnat de Romande.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team heads to Las Vegas, Nevada, to compete in the UNLV Rebel Beach Invitational at Spanish Trail Country Club on Feb. 15-16.