The University of Iowa women’s golf team heads to Cedar Falls, Iowa to compete in the UNI Spring Invite at Pheasant Ridge Golf Course on April 10-11.
- Saturday, April 10: Rounds one and two — 8:30 a.m. (CT).
- Sunday, April 11: Round three — 8:30 a.m. (CT).
- The field includes 5 teams — Drake, Iowa, UW-Green Bay, UNI, Western Illinois
- The Hawkeye lineup will include freshman Klara Wildhaber, sophomores Jacque Galloway, Morgan Goldstein, Lilly Gentzkow, and Lea Zeitler, and junior Manuela Lizarazu.
- The team format will be play six, count four.
- Sarah Overton, Brett Permann, Stephanie Herzog, and Dana Lerner will all compete as individuals in the tournament.
- Pheasant Ridge Golf Course opened in 1999 and stretches over 159 acres on the west side of Cedar Falls.
CHATTANOOGA CLASSIC RECAP
- For the second straight tournament, Iowa finished in second and Morgan Goldstein, Jacque Galloway, and Klara Wildhaber all finished top ten in the individual leaderboard.
- The Hawkeyes second round team score of 285 tied for the third lowest team round in Iowa history. It was highlighted by 69s from Goldstein and Wildhaber which ties for the 15th best individual round in school history.
- The latter part of last month was friendly to the Hawkeyes, in particular to Galloway, Goldstein and Wildhaber.
- All three golfers boast a sub-74 scoring average in their last two tournaments, including five total rounds. Jacque Galloway led the Hawkeyes the last two weeks with a 72.8 stroke-average. Galloway was followed by Morgan Goldstein (73.6) and Klara Wildhaber (73.8)
- The team also posted the third and ninth best rounds Iowa history this past month, scoring 285 (-3) in the Chatanooga Classic second round and 288 (-4) in the BYU Classic first round.
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team will travel to Bloomington, Indiana, to compete in the Indiana Spring Invitational on April 17-18.