The University of Iowa women’s golf team heads to Bloomington, Indiana to compete in the Indiana Invitational at the Pfau Course at Indiana University April 17-18.
- Saturday, April 17: Rounds one and two — 8:15 a.m. (CT).
- Sunday, April 18: Round three — 8:15 a.m. (CT).
- Live scoring for the 2021 Indiana Invitational will be provided through GolfStat. A link can be found on Iowa Women’s Golf Schedule page on hawkeyesports.com.
- The field includes 16 teams — Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Kent State, Maryland, Michigan, Michigan State, Minnesota, Nebraska, Northwestern, Ohio State, Penn State, Purdue, Rutgers, Wisconsin, and Xavier.
LINEUP (Play 6 Count 4 Format)
- The Hawkeye lineup will include sophomores Jacque Galloway, Morgan Goldstein, Lilly Gentzkow, and Lea Zeitler, and juniors Dana Lerner and Manuela Lizarazu.
- Freshman Klara Wildhaber will stay back to heal a nagging wrist injury and prepare for the Big Ten Championships
- The Pfau Course, opened in June 2020, was designed by highly-acclaimed Steve Smyers and two-time major champion Fuzzy Zoeller
- It was named the third-best “New Course in the Country” by Golf Digest and the fourth-best “College Campus Course in the Nation” by GolfWeek.
HAWKEYES HEATING UP
- The Hawkeyes dominant performance last weekend in Cedar Falls featured six golfers finishing in the top 10.
- This resulted in five Iowa golfers having their career best finish last weekend. Klara Wildhaber: T2, Morgan Goldstein: T2, Dana Lerner: T6 (x2), Sarah Overton: T11, Lilly Gentzkow: T15.
- Iowa’s last three tournaments have resulted in finishing 2nd, T-2nd, and 1st.
- Jacque Galloway, Morgan Goldstein, and Klara Wildhaber have finished in the top 10 in each of the past three tournaments.
- The Hawkeyes posted the third and ninth best rounds program history, scoring 285 (-3) in the Chattanooga Classic second round and 288 (-4) in the BYU Classic first round, respectively.
- Sophomore Lea Zeitler broke the 18-hole record with a 66 (-6) round at the UNLV Rebel Beach Invitational (Feb. 17).
ON THE HORIZON
The Iowa women’s golf team will travel to Cincinnati, Ohio to compete in the Big Ten Championships April 23-25.