The University of Iowa women’s golf team heads to the Sunshine State for the Momentum Transportation UNF Collegiate from March 6-7 in Jacksonville, Florida. The 54-hole tournament will be played at the Jacksonville Golf and Country Club with a 36-hole shotgun start on Monday followed by the final 18 holes on Tuesday.
Fans can follow the tournament via live scoring at www.Golfstat.com.
The Hawkeyes will send five golfers to Florida for the tournament. Iowa’s lineup will include freshman Madison Dabagia, freshman Riley Lewis, freshman Shannyn Vogler, sophomore Paula Miranda and senior Jordan Amelon.
Iowa will compete against a field of 17 teams that includes: Arkansas State, Dayton, East Carolina, Charlotte, Eastern Kentucky, Furman, Iowa, Jacksonville State, Kennesaw State, Memphis, North Florida, Oral Roberts, Penn State, Sam Houston, South Alabama, Western Kentucky and Xavier.
The Jacksonville Golf and Country Club is located near the Jacksonville beach on the Atlantic Ocean. The course received Jacksonville’s best golf course three years in a row and has received five stars on Golf Pass. The course features pristine fairways and immaculately maintained greens to present a great opportunity for all skill levels throughout the 5,964 yards, par-18 layout. The featured hole of the course is the 425-yard 18th hole with water and bunkers surrounding most of the green. The course was designed by Clyde Johnson in 1989.
LAST TIME OUT
The Hawkeyes competed at the Westbrook Spring Invitational in Arizona, where they placed 12th out of 14 teams on Feb. 26-27. Iowa fired a 288 final round score — the team’s second-best round of the season — and the 879 total is just three shots off a season best.
• Freshman Madison Dabagia led the team, firing a 216 total (72-73-71) to tie for 20th-place. The 54-hole score was the best of the Indiana native’s career.
• Freshman Riley Lewis was the second highest finisher, tying for 29th place with a 218 (75-72-71). Lewis’ final 36 holes of the tournament was her second-best two-round total (143) behind her 139 at the Ron Moore Intercollegiate.
A trio of Hawkeye freshmen – Madison Dabagia, Riley Lewis and Shannyn Vogler – are three of the team’s top golfers this season.
• Dabagia, who had a career-best eighth place finish at the Tulane Classic, leads the team with a 73.67 scoring average this spring over six rounds. The Indiana native has led the team in both spring events, posting a pair of top-20 finishes.
• Lewis has posted back-to-back top-30 finishes en route to her team-best 74.83 scoring average over 15 rounds in 2022-23. The Illinois native has tallied 18 birdies this spring and she had a hole in one at the Tulane Classic on hole 17.
• Vogler has 16 birdies over six rounds where she has posted a 76.16 scoring average. The Moline, Illinois, native has a 75.71 scoring average over 17.5 rounds this season.
Iowa will head to the East Coast from March 13-14, traveling to Johns Island, South Carolina, for the Briars Creek Invitational.