Aug. 21, 2003
Fans of the Iowa football team who just can’t seem to figure out how to program their VCR now have a solution: Watch the Iowa Football Replay Show, a new television program that will take the highlights from the Hawkeyes’ most recent game and package it in a tight and exciting 60 minutes of college football action.
Produced by the UI Athletic Department in partnership with Mediacom, the Iowa Football Replay Show will air on local Mediacom Connections Channels each Tuesday and Friday in select television markets across the state.
“We’re excited about providing a piece of television programming that we honestly didn’t think was necessary given the number of games played by the Hawkeyes that are televised live. It’s more evidence that fans of the Hawkeyes can’t get enough of their Hawkeyes,” said Rick Klatt, UI associate athletic director for external affairs.
“Mediacom is committed to providing unique local programming to our viewers,” says Todd Behrends, Mediacom’s communications manager. “That’s why we are excited to join the University of Iowa in broadcasting the Iowa Football Replay Show.”
All four non-conference games of Coach Kirk Ferentz’s 2003 Iowa Hawkeyes – the defending Big Ten Conference champions – are slated for live television and two of the team’s eight Big Ten games have already been earmarked for live television. UI officials anticipate all 12 regular season games to be played by Iowa this season to be televised live by one of the Big Ten’s television partners (ABC, ESPN, ESPN 2 or ESPN Regional).
Television coverage of the Hawkeyes will kickoff with the annual broadcast of the Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz: The Preseason Special. The one-hour look at the 2003 Hawkeyes has been cleared for broadcast in all of the major television markets in the state of Iowa and selected locations outside the state.
Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz, the weekly half-hour television show featuring Iowa’s head football coach hosted by Gary Dolphin, the play-by-play voice of the Hawkeyes on the University’s Hawkeye Radio Network, returns for a fifth season. A staple in the diet of any serious fan of the Hawkeyes, Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz will again offer insight from the head coach on the Hawkeyes’ most recent game, a look ahead to Iowa’ s next opponent, and an inside look at the football program at the University of Iowa.
The UI Athletic Department anticipates each edition of each show will also be available via hawkeyesports.com, the official world wide web site of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Iowa Football Replay Show
- Mediacom, Cedar Rapids – 8:00pm, Tuesdays and Fridays, Channel 10
- Mediacom, Des Moines – 8:00pm, Tuesdays and Fridays, Channel 22
- Mediacom, Quad Cities – 7:30 pm, Fridays, Channel 19
- Mediacom, Dubuque – 7:30 pm, Fridays, Channel 18
- Additional Mediacom systems to be announced
Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz: One Hour Pre-Season Special
- CBS2, Cedar Rapids – 8 pm, Saturday, Aug. 23
- KDSM, Des Moines – 10 pm, Sunday, Aug. 24
- KYOU, Ottumwa – 9 p.m., Sunday, Aug. 24
- WBDQ, Quad Cities – To Be Announced
Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz
- CBS2, Cedar Rapids – 10:30 pm, Sundays
- KDSM, Des Moines, 10 pm, Sundays
- KYOU, Ottumwa – 10 pm, Sundays
- WBDQ, Quad Cities – 10 pm, Sundays
- CBTV17, Council Bluffs – 7 pm, Wednesdays; 8 am, Saturdays
Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz:
- Regional Sports Networks and Cable Television Systems
- Sunshine Network, Orlando, Fla. – 3 pm (ET), Thursdays
- Metro Sports, Kansas City, Mo. – 8:30 pm, Wednesdays; 2:30 pm, Thursdays
- Mediacom, Cedar Rapids, Channel 10; Des Moines, Channel 22 – 7:30 pm,
- Tuesdays, 7:30 pm, Fridays
- Cable One, Sioux City, Channel 39 – 7:30 pm, Wednesdays
- Lakes 37, Spirit Lake, Channel 7 – 8:30 pm, Tuesdays, 8:30 pm, Thursdays
- City of Cedar Falls, Cedar Falls, Channel 15 — 7:30/9:30/11:30 pm, Thursdays
- Fairfield Public Access, Fairfield, Channel 9 – 7:30 pm, Wednesdays
- Spencer Municipal, Spencer – To Be Announced
- City of Hawarden, Hawarden – 7 pm, Thursdays
All times listed are Central except where noted. Schedules subject to change. For additional information contact Rick Klatt, associate athletic director for external affairs, at (319) 335-9431.