Sept. 16, 2004
- Listen to today’s edition of Inside Iowa
- Inside Iowa: Does it get any better than last weekend?
- Krause family gifts $5 million to Kinnick
- Learn more about the renovation of Kinnick Stadium
- Purchase your Iowa Football tickets online
- Learn more about “The Patch”
Syracuse University has been added to the University of Iowa football schedule for 2006 and 2007. The announcement was made by UI Athletic Director Bob Bowlsby.
The Hawkeyes will travel to Syracuse, NY on Sept. 9 in 2006 and the Orangemen will visit historic Kinnick Stadium Sept. 8 in 2007. Syracuse is a member of the Big East Conference.
The two schools have met twice before in football with both winning on their home field. Syracuse beat Iowa 10-7 in 1975 at Syracuse while the Hawkeyes won 41-3 in Iowa City the following year. The 2006 game will be Iowa’s first visit to the Carrier Dome.
“We feel good about adding Syracuse to our future football schedules,” said Bowlsby. “They have an excellent football tradition. We expect both games to be excellent for the fans of both schools.”
Click HERE for approved future schedules of the Iowa football team.