Dec. 29, 2004
- Ferentz to ESPN: Sounds corny, but Iowa is home
- Iowa and LSU: Side-by-side in final BCS list
- UI, Ferentz ink contract extension
- Big Ten Championship merchandise
- Bowl game ticket information
- Listen to the bowl game online!
- Watch Kirk next Tuesday live!
- Purchase your Hawkeye tickets online
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
Editor’s Note: The following was written by Pat Harty and first appeared in Dec. 28 editions of the Iowa City Press-Citizen.
Before they were college football players with big muscles, they were kids with big dreams.
Those two worlds came together Tuesday as members from the Iowa and Louisiana State University football teams participated in the annual Kids Festival, a community outreach portion of the Capital One Bowl.
About 150 under-privileged kids from central Florida attended the event. It was held on a baseball field next to the Florida Citrus Bowl Stadium Complex.
Each kid was matched with a player from both teams. The players and kids ate lunch together before participating in a number of activities, including an inflatable obstacle course and face painting.
To read the full story, click HERE.