Feb. 3, 2005
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- Iowa Football 2005: The Schedule
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
Fans of the Iowa Hawkeyes know the turnstiles were turning at Kinnick Stadium during the fall of 2004. In fact, Iowa set a school record for a six-game home schedule by registering sellout crowds of 70,397 to reach a total attendance of 422,382.
The NCAA reported today that Iowa’s record-setting total ranked 21st nationally. Iowa is also one of only 21 schools to average more than 70,000 spectators per game and ranked second only to California among the nation’s top 25 schools by attendance with an increase in average attendance per game of 4,599. The Golden Bears registered an increase of 25,714 per game.
Iowa was one of six Big Ten Conference teams in the nation’s top 25. Michigan (No. 1), Ohio State (No. 3), Penn State (No. 4) Wisconsin (No. 13) and Michigan State (No. 20) all ranked ahead of the Hawkeyes.
The Big Ten ranked second to the Southeastern Conference in total attendance and average per-game attendance. The Big 12 Conference finished a third in both categories.
Total attendance for NCAA Division I football games in 2004 was the third-highest since the NCAA began tracking attendance in 1948. More than 43 million fans attended 612 games.
For more information, click HERE.