March 2, 2005
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- Iowa Football 2005: The Schedule
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
When the gates to Kinnick Stadium open Saturday, Sept. 3, for the Iowa Hawkeyes’ 2005 season opener against Ball State, the renovation of the University of Iowa’s historic football venue will be approximately 50 percent complete.
Fans of the Hawkeyes attending that game will enjoy three new scoreboards that, among other things, feature full-color video capabilities at both the north and south ends of the stadium, and a new state-of-the-art sound system. Fans will also have access to a new south grandstand that will feature new restrooms and concessions stands, and will see construction of the north and south ends of the stadium’s new press box.
The Iowa football team, the visiting team and game officials will also be operating from new game-day locker rooms located at playing field level of the new south structure. Iowa’s student-athletes will enter the playing field from a tunnel located in the southwest corner of the facility. The visiting team will enter the playing field from a tunnel located in the southeast corner of the south grandstand.
Yeah. That’s all great. But you’re curious about the south enzone grandstand. Where the new student section is? Where the UI Marching Band will sit? And how the sections are are numbered?