April 26, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
Senior offensive lineman Lee Gray will miss the 2005 football season because of corrective knee surgery. Gray, a 6-6, 310-pounder from Dallas, TX, was expected to be a starter this season.
Team physician, Dr. Ned Amendola, will perform the surgery on Gray’s right knee next month. The senior letterman is expected to recover completely, following rehabilitation, and will petition the NCAA for a sixth year of competition.
“All of us share Lee’s disappointment of not being able to play next fall,” said Head Coach Kirk Ferentz. “The key thing for Lee to focus on now is finishing his academic work in a quality fashion and working hard to get back on the field in 2006. This is a tough setback for Lee but I am confident he will handle it well in the long run.”
Gray started 11 of 12 games for Iowa at left offensive tackle last year.