June 2, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
The first road game for the nationally ranked 2005 Iowa football team – Saturday, Sept. 10, at intrastate rival Iowa State – will be televised live to a regional audience by ABC-TV. Kickoff is set for shortly after 2:30 p.m.
Iowa will carry a 35-17 lead in the all-time series with Iowa State into the game in Ames, the first event in the 2006 Hy-Vee Cy-Hawk Series. The Hawkeyes have won their last two games against the Cyclones, a run that started with a 40-21 victory in Ames in 2003.
Iowa opens the 2005 season Sept. 3 against Ball State inside historic Kinnick Stadium. The Hawkeyes’ third and final non-conference game of 2005 is also a home game and is scheduled for Sept. 17 against Northern Iowa. Coach Kirk Ferentz’s squad opens Big Ten Conference action Sept. 24 at Ohio State.
Today’s announcement means two of Iowa’s 11 regular season games have definitive television plans. Iowa’s Oct. 8 game at Purdue is also slated for television coverage by ABC.
It is likely that all 11 of the Hawkeyes’ regular season games will be televised live. All 12 of Iowa’s games in 2004 were televised live including its 30-25 victory over Louisiana State in the 2005 Capital One Bowl on New Year’s Day.
Fans of the Hawkeyes are also reminded that tickets to the home games of the 2005 Iowa football team are now on sale. For more information about season tickets and three-game ticket packages to the home games of the 2005 Iowa Hawkeyes, click HERE.
To review the Hawkeyes’ 2005 schedule, click HERE.