June 3, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
Fans of the University of Iowa and Coach Kirk Ferentz’s nationally ranked Iowa football program asked for pictures from inside the concourse of the new south grandstand of historic Kinnick Stadium and “panoramic” views of the exterior. Today, they have them to view at their leisure.
hawkeyesports.com staff toured the renovation site Friday morning with representatives of the UI Alumni Association and MBNA, the company the University of Iowa works with on its affinity credit card program
Masons, drywallers, painters, plumbers, pipe-fitters, and steel workers were among the more than 200 workers on the site. Brickwork on both the concourse and the exterior walls of the south grandstand continues ahead of schedule. Two more floors of steel are to be added to the press box infrastructure, but upon close examination you can see the support for the outdoor club seat section that will cantilever out off the façade of the press box and into the bowl of the stadium.
Perhaps most impressive is the view looking out from the south grandstand’s concourse through the three arches at the center of the structure. And, yes. The pieces of pre-cast stone that were installed last week are large, very large.
Click HERE to visit kinnickrenovation.com, the official world wide web site of the multi-million dollar renovation of the UI’s centerpiece of its intercollegiate athletics program.
And, speaking of kinnickrenovation.com, the month of May was a record month for traffic to the site. More than 22,000 unique visitors made a total of more than 59,000 visits to the site. Once there, they downloaded almost 450,000 pages.
Traffic continues at a feverish pace to the UI Athletic Ticket Office, too. Fans of the Hawkeyes are reminded that season tickets and three-game packages to the home games of the 2005 Iowa football team are now on sale. For more information about season tickets and three-game ticket packages to the home games of the 2005 Iowa Hawkeyes, click HERE.
To review the Hawkeyes’ 2005 schedule, click HERE.