June 17, 2005
- 2005 National I-Club Spring Banquet Tour
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: The Game Story
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Photos from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Notes from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Statistics from the game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Video Highlights from the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Listen to the Game
- 2005 Capital One Bowl: Watch Mediacom’s Pre-Game Special
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Order your 2004 Iowa Football Instant Replay DVD
- 2005 FanFest: Photo Gallery
The sun was shining brilliantly on historic Kinnick Stadium Friday and, as has been the case for the past number of months, the work was humming along.
Of particular interest was the south grandstand where the flatwork is nearing completion, brickwork is about 65 percent done, and workers are now beginning the tedious task of installing hand rails up and down the aisles. Next up: The bleachers.
Work is also beginning in earnest on the new scoreboard system that will be installed during the next six weeks or so. Workers will disassembling the auxiliary boards at the north of the facility while others were making final preparations to the support beams that will hold the main scoreboard at the stadium’s south end.
Steelwork also continues on the north and south ends of the new press box. And, it’s worth noting that the plaza spaces created at the southwest and southeast entrances to the facility are going to be spacious.
Click HERE to visit kinnickrenovation.com, the official world wide web site of the multi-million dollar renovation of the UI’s prized football facility. Once there, fans of the Hawkeyes can check out the latest additions to the photo gallery or peruse the artist renderings of the finished product..
P>And, as a reminder, friends and fans of the Iowa Hawkeyes who have not made their purchase of tickets to the home games of Kirk Ferentz’s 2005 nationally ranked squad shouldn’t delay. The are going, going, going fast.
Fans of the Hawkeyes are also reminded that the easiest way to purchase season tickets and three-game packages to the home games of the 2005 Iowa football team is online at hawkeyesports.com, the official world wide web site of the Iowa Hawkeyes. For more information about ticket packages and prices HERE.
To review the Hawkeyes’ 2005 schedule, click HERE.