Nov. 27, 2005
The Bowl Games and the Hawkeyes
- The 2006 Outback Bowl
- The 2005 MasterCard Alamo Bowl
- The 2005 Vitalis Sun Bowl
- The 2005 Gaylord Hotels Music City Bowl
- The 2005 Motor City Bowl
More Iowa Stuff
- A HOLIDAY SPECIAL! Watch Iowa vs. Minnesota
- The 2005 Capital One Bowl Revisited
- 2005 Hawkeye Huddles
- Follow the Renovation of Kinnick!
- The Schedule: 2005 and Beyond
- Listen to the Hawkeyes on XM Radio
- Watch and Listen to Kirk, the Hawkeyes
The bowl-bound Iowa Hawkeyes, winners of their last two regular season games, are back among the nationally ranked. Coach Kirk Ferentz’s came in at No. 25 in this week’s USA Today Top 25 and the Top 25 list authored by Associated Press.
Iowa, which will be playing in its fifth straight bowl game under Ferentz this holiday season, joined five Big Ten Conference teams in the national rankings elite list. Penn State, Ohio State, Wisconsin and Michigan are the other league teams included in this week’s polls.
Southern Cal and Texas rank No. 1 and No. 2, respectively, in both USA Today’s and AP’s lists.
The Hawkeyes will likely have to wait until after next Saturday’s conference championship games are played and the announcement of this year’s Bowl Championship Series pairings on Sunday to learn officially where they will play their bowl game.
Current season ticket holders were to receive their 2005 Iowa Football Bowl Game ticket application on Friday or Saturday. Fans can also order their bowl tickets online by clicking HERE.