Aug. 25, 2006
- Read about Iowa’s 2006 recruiting class
- Follow the renovation of Kinnick Stadium
- Kinnick: The play at Hancher
- The Schedule: 2006 and beyond
- Cruise with Kirk
Eight days and counting.
So, to get you motors running in high gear for the start of the college football season at the University of Iowa, the Iowa Hawkeyes have two activities to add to the week leading up to Friday, Sept. 1, when the kicks off Varsity Club Weekend 2006 with the public rededication of historic Kinnick Stadium at 4 p.m. on the Krause Family Plaza.
First, fans of the Hawkeyes across the state of Iowa will have an opportunity to watch the 2006 debut of the weekly television show of UI head coach Kirk Ferentz. As in the past, the one-hour pre-season special of “Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz” is hosted by the voice of the Iowa Hawkeyes, Gary Dolphin, and features an in-depth look at one of the teams picked by many to be in the hunt for the 2006 Big Ten Conference championships.
The full schedule is below. Fans of Hawkeyes who subscribe to Hawkeye All-Access – the multi-media area of hawkeyesports.com, will have access to the pre-season special beginning at noon on Monday.
Second, fans of the Hawkeyes who subscribe to the Gazette in eastern Iowa and the Des Moines statewide should look closely in this Sunday’s edition for a full-color section that details to the two-year, multi-million dollar renovation of historic Kinnick Stadium. The same section will also be available in Monday’s editions of the Iowa City Press-Citizen and The Daily Iowan.
For those fans of the Hawkeyes who live outside the state or don’t have access to these newspapers, the full section will be available online at noon on Monday. Simply look for the link in the far right column of hawkeyesports.com, the official world wide web site of the Iowa Hawkeyes.
Iowa Football with Kirk Ferentz
Pre-season Television Special
– KCRG Television, Ceda Rapids, Sept. 1, 7 p.m.
– KDSM Television, Des Moines, Aug. 26, 4 p.m.
– KLJB Television, Davenport, Aug. 28, 11 p.m.
– KYOU Television, Ottumwa, Aug. 27, 3 p.m.
– WAOE Teelvision/WBQD-Television, East Peoria, Aug. 26, Noon
– Mediacom Communications, Des Moines, TBD
– CBTV 17, Council Bluffs, Aug. 29, 7 p.m.
– City of Cedar Falls, Cedar Falls, Aug. 31, 8 p.m.
– City of Hawarden, Hawarden, Aug. 29, 7 p.m.
– Comcast SportsNet Chicago, Sept. 1, 2 p.m.
– Fairfield Public Access, Fairfield, Aug. 30, 7:30 p.m.
– Spencer Municipal, Spencer, Aug. 31, 7 p.m.