Sept. 20, 2006
1. Are you excited to finish your career at Iowa?
Yes I am. I started with Cindy and Farokh at Washington State and now I get to end with them. I almost didn’t play this year because I wanted to get a job – but that would have been a decsion I would have regretted. I can work the rest of my life, but I only get one more shot to play and I am going to take full advantage of it.
2. What are the main differences between the U of I and WSU?
There are too many to count, but the biggest thing is the humidity. It took me over a month to get somewhat used to it during preseason ractice. I also think that there is a lot more emphasis placed on academics here.
3. If you could pick one person to be the unquestioned ruler of Earth, who would it be?
My dad, because he is one of the smartest people I know and he has a great heart. He puts everyone in his life ahead of himself and doesn’t make the decisions that are the best for himself only. He makes the decisions that are going to benefit everyone involved.
4. If you were to play another sport, what would it be?
If I weren’t on the volleyball court, I would definitely be on the basketball court. I am glad that I chose to play volleyball in college, but there are times when I really miss playing hoops.
5. If you were to be stranded on a desert island with one teammate, who would it be?
Emily Hiza, because she can make a water purifier out of anything
6. If you could be in one rock band, which would it be?
Aerosmith is the greatest rock band of all time, and it would be awesome to have been a part of their band. However, I wouldn’t want to currently be a part of their band due to the fact that they are old and not very entertaining anymore.
7. What superpower would you want?
I would want the power to have unlimited superpowers
8. If you could meet one person, living or dead, who would it be?
I would have liked to meet my mom’s side of the family when they were closer to my age. There are five kids in her family and they are all extremely different from each other, but they are very similar at the same time. I just think it would be neat to see how they interacted with each other back then, compared to how they interact now.
9. What do you want your tombstone to say?
RIP – It wasn’t easy, but I had fun while I was here
10. What is your worst fear?
Being eaten alive by any type of animal.